Aruba

1,535 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by flyingaggie12
JKAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading to Aruba in July. Any recs for restaurants, specifically nice places on the beach/water, and things to do?
tamc93
AG
Where are you staying at?

Giannis Italian, Daniels Steakhouse, Barefoot, Big Mamas are all decent.

If you have time, rent a jeep for a day and tour the island.
Motot
AG
Wife and I went in Dec 2019. Rented a car and did airbnb at the north end of the island. Really enjoyed it. Oranjestad was commercialized around the ports where ships dump people off. The beaches at the north part of the island are all nice. We snorkeled alot at Tres Trapis. Lots of sealife. Turtles, eels, etc. The rock gardens in the middle of the island were nice as well to get away from the beach. Did a nice dinner at Pinchos Bar and grill over the water. Neat place. Los Cafeteros was good Columbian food. The windward side of the island is rocky and doesn't have the beaches but is not to be missed. Interesting ruins and rock formations.
10Aggie10
AG
I'd recommend staying away from Carlos n Charlie's at 2AM. Especially if you're an inebriated blonde girl.
AgOutsideAustin
JKAG10
AG
Staying at the Renaissance Wind Creek Aruba Resort on the beach side. Looks like it's near the marina.

Got a car rented and planning on exploring a bit.
jwag
AG
Got back from Aruba on Friday night. Zeerovers & Ike's were a couple of restaurants we really liked. Highly recommend a car rental to visit Baby Beach for a day or two.
Ag CPA
AG
We are a fan of Smokey Joe's; walking Palm Beach between the Marriott properties and the Hyatt there are several "local" cabanas that are fun to hang out at.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
10Aggie10 said:

I'd recommend staying away from Carlos n Charlie's at 2AM. Especially if you're an inebriated blonde girl.
Under-starred post!
StinkyPinky
AG
10Aggie10 said:

It's safe as long as you avoid anyone with a Dutch accent
iParty
AG
Papillion
flyingaggie12
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.