New Braunfels in November?

904 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EclipseAg
clinte234
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some of our family is planning to do Thanksgiving on the river in New Braunfels. They've already booked an Airbnb for the week. We are planning to stay for 3 or 4 nights and then head back home for Thanksgiving. Our initial plan was to just find a small Airbnb close to the other houseā€¦but I wanted to check and see if anyone had any experience there during non-summer months. Any fun places to stay for kids 8-13? All I know is tubing the rivers and Schlitterbahn during the summer. Thanks!
bam02
AG
There is a jelly stone campsite at canyon lake that would be great for kids
Ag CPA
AG
I grew up there and still head back home numerous times during the year; one bright spot is that Gruene is not as busy so you should be able to hang out at the hall and other establishments during the day. Wassailfest can be fun but it is probably in early December after you leave.

Either go do some of the area tourist stuff like Natural Bridge Caverns and San Antonio (I think that the Riverwalk Christmas lights are lit around Thanksgiving) or just chill by the river; it's pretty relaxing when no drunk tourists are around.
eiggA2002
AG
We go down there a lot even in the Fall. The water is the same temperature and if it's warm out it'll be a great time almost like summer. Even if its cool you could take a kayak out or paddleboard and cruise up and down the Guadalupe. The Fall colors are beautiful and it's some of my favorite time on the river.
AgPT06
AG
Depending on where you are in town, riverwalk is 35-40 min. Lights and food either on riverboat or one of the restaurants, maybe the pearl. Gruene is always a nice walk but may be less appealing to kids. If weather nice, natural bridge caverns has fun ropes course and other activities.
EclipseAg
AG
We've stayed in this VRBO during the offseason. The house was great; comfortable and close to everything.

Havana Haus
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.