Visiting Branson, MO with family

2,086 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by forumjunkie
forumjunkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're visiting Branson towards the end of July with the family. Kids are 14, 12 & 10. Any "must see" or "must do" suggestions you'd recommend? We're throwing this together last minute and we're open to any ideas or tips.

TIA!
Aggiewes
AG
https://www.ericseliteguideservice.com/

If you are into fishing, trout fishing with Eric on Lake Taneycomo is a blast. He is great and takes care of people all ages.

We enjoy Sight and Sound theater if you are into a faith based production.

Other than that, we spend all our time out at Table Rock Lake.

Have fun!

Wes '87
Civil04
AG
Agree with Aggiewes about spending time on Table Rock Lake. It was up about 10 ft. at the beginning of June and a little murky from water released up stream, but still great.

The marinas at Camp Long Creek or Big Cedar are great for boat rental. They have a pro that will give ski lessons if you want to give that a shot.

The Bass Pro Shop Shooting Gallery is a blast, You don't need anything, they provide it all and I think its well priced.
EclipseAg
AG
It's been awhile since I've been, but everyone in our group loved this go-cart track.

https://www.fivestarparks.com/branson-tracks/rides/thelumberjack

We also enjoyed the Titanic museum.

Not sure if your kids are into music, but we saw these guys in Branson and it was a great show. They're at the Andy Williams Moon River Theater now.

https://moonrivertheatre.com/liverpool-legends/
bufrilla
AG
Silver Dollar City has some good roller coasters, inoor/outdoor theater shows, lots of country/ bluegrass music in about half dozen indoor theaters. Good food.
Water park, coaster rides in town.
Dolly's Dixie Stampede good entertainment.
The Show Boat has a nice Dinner Show.
sight&Sound theater excellent.
Shopping excellent.
Up/Back check Neighbor's Mill in Harrison for B/L.
War Eagle Mill for Lunch.
Don't miss Keeter Center for Lunch/Dinner( College o the Ozarks). Great food and service.
Enjoy!
62strat
AG
river tubing/rafting, caves, dogwood canyon, lake activities.. lots of stuff to do in the area.
StinkyPinky
AG

I would definitely do Silver Dollar City. Shepherd of the Hills can also be cool to watch if weather is good (outdoor amphitheater). Bass Pro in Springfield also worth it if wanting to make the short drive.
AustinCountyAg
Went to Branson last year for a family trip. Besides silver dollar city and the golf at big cedar we hated it.
Pahdz
AustinCountyAg said:

Went to Branson last year for a family trip. Besides silver dollar city and the golf at big cedar we hated it.
This is me, we go there every August with my wife's family and typically stay at Watermill Cove on Indian Point, but are now moving over to their new property on the Kimberling City side of Table Rock. I love hanging at the resort, being on the lake, playing golf and Silver Dollar City (under the radar great park, FYI) but the rest of Branson is tacky kitsch that I just don't need.
iisanaggie
AG
Our boys (15 and 11 when we went) really enjoyed Buckets and Boards, Wonderworks, and the Sight and Sound Theater. They also enjoyed shopping at Dicks 5 and 10 (they sell some neat things). My son (17) just got back from a youth group trip that went through there and they saw the Jesus show at S&S and did a mountain coaster. He loved both of those.

My parents said that the Haygoods have a fun show.
They also enjoy eating at Mel's Hard Luck Diner and the Keeter Center. There is a cool fountain show on the Landing at night that is put to music.

Matching what you do with your family is a big factor on whether your family will enjoys the trip.

wessimo
AG
Try not to get duped into buying a timeshare.
Agilaw
AG
A lot of good suggestions on here: I would add - go check out Big Cedar (10 minutes from Branson); rent a boat at Big Cedar and enjoy the lake; Sight and Sound; Cakes and Cream for dessert; go to the incredible IMAX and watch a short nature film and then watch a full length movie.
87Flyfisher
AG
https://wondersofwildlife.org/
Everything is first class and well presented.
Your Mom And Them
I've always said that Branson is "Old People's Disneyworld" because it is pretty much geared towards that segment of the population. However, Branson has done a good job in recent years of expanding their attractions to a younger audience.

Silver Dollar City is the cleanest and most family-friendly amusement park we've been to. What I mean by that is you don't have to worry about punks or thugs roaming the park looking for trouble or victims. You also don't have to worry about a left-leaning political agenda being pushed or shoved in your face at every turn.

We went to the trout hatchery at roaring River State Park near Cassville. Kids loved it and we got to see some monster trout in their hatchery.

Titanic Museum was a good stop. Lots of original Titanic artifacts and unique stories of some of the passengers.

Sight and Sounds theater was a good experience if you want to see a faith-based production.

Of course, we had to go to Springfield to go to the original Bass Pro Shop. Stopped and ate at Lambert's Cafe while we were there. I highly suggest having a meal there and get some rolls "throwed" at you.

We did an Alpine roller coaster while we were there and also did the go-kart track. I'd recommend either or both for the kids.

Our kids like animals, so we went to the Promised Land Zoo. Great experience and the kids loved it.
knoxtom
It's Vegas, if Vegas were made by Ned Flanders
forumjunkie
Thanks for the tips and recommendations!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.