Lufthansa Airline and masks

3,023 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by OilManAg91
Jrod05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone flown recently since the EU lifted mask mandate for airlines. From what I read it's still mandatory on this airline. Leaving the 27th and was hoping my kids and I wouldn't have to Jack with wearing a mask. Thank you in advance

Any thoughts if they follow suit with the other airlines?
90 bull
AG
Flew them Thursday and mask was required
amercer
AG
Flying to Germany tomorrow. Sounds like they are still required but it will be interesting to see what the United crew does. I expect the flight on from Frankfurt to Italy will be more strict, but on my last trip to Europe no one seemed to really care regardless of what the rules were.
Jrod05
AG
Would be awesome if you would post how it was, flying 1st with my kids and hate they will sleep with a mask on. Was hoping they would jump in with everyone dropping the mandate
Txgunrnnr
AG
Here you go. I was just thinking about this the other day.

Dated May 21st.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/which-airlines-require-masks
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
aggiedata
AG
My experience two weeks ago:

Flying United Chicago to Italy : nobody mentioned the word mask even though it was required to fly to Italy. Crew was mask free.

Flying Lufthansa from France to Frankfurt: more adamant about wearing one. Called you out as you walked on plane. Nothing afterwards though but most wore one. Frankfurt airport was mostly mask free.

Flying Lufthansa Frankfurt to Houston: reminded you at gate. Nobody said anything else on plane. 50% of plane took it off. No objections from crew.

Jrod05
AG
Last dumb question I noticed on the website said purchases were suspended does that mean in flight purchases food/drinks? Thanks again
JimmyHouston
AG
They must mean the on-plane shopping. I have flown Lufthansa four times in the past month and there has been beverage/food service as normal. But I dont remember seeing the shopping magazine that is normally on the long haul flights
Sorrell Booke
On those four flights, did they make you mask up?
aggiedata
AG
You are in first class so you shouldn't have a problem.

I was riding a Class X freebie in the back. They were out of the good snack boxes long before row 32.

But yes they had stuff to buy in theory
JimmyHouston
AG
Yup but little enforcement. I was in biz class for all of them and basically always had a drink/food in my hand...so when I had that they didnt really care. I also took my mask off to sleep and they didnt bother me. One time on those 4 flights I was without food/drink and the flight attendent told me to put my mask on but she was rather polite about it all.
Jrod05
AG
I called them today and as of 6/15 they no longer require masks on the plane but only sent it as internal communication so far.

Anyone flown last few days can confirm?
amercer
AG
Flew Bologna to Frankfurt on the 18th and masks were required. Also required in the airport but plenty of people without and no one seemed to be enforcing. For the United flight out of Frankfurt, everyone took their masks off as soon as the got on the plane.

My flight from the US to Frankfurt got messed up so I ended up going directly to Rome. Masks we're supposed to be required but no one was wearing one and I believe Italy has since dropped it anyway.
TriAg2010
AG
I flew Lufthansa today (FRA-IAH) and masks were required onboard.
OilManAg91
AG
I flew United today (landed 6/26) from IAH - MUC and United required masks and explained German guidelines trump US guidelines. So everyone had to wear masks on the plane. However they also said German regulations require wearing masks in all public transportation, airports, train stations, etc…but right now I am sitting at Terminal 1 C gates and only 1/3-1/2 of the people are wearing masks. So definitely not required in the airport.
ShotOver
AG
I'm on UA 160 MUC-IAH. They are requiring masks, but, as said, no one in the terminal is wearing one. Dreading the next 11 1/2 hours. Plus, there's a child on our flight that communicates with his mother by screaming at the top of his lungs. I'm doomed.
04aggiegirl
AG
Any news on how much longer this will last?

My recent IAH to FRA on united didn't require a mask, but now have an upcoming iah to Fra on Lufthansa.
ShotOver
AG
Just landed…before we took off they said masks were no longer required…so nice flight overall. Watched 3 movies so the screaming kiddo wasn't much of an issue
04aggiegirl
AG
Fantastic news!
ShotOver
AG
04aggiegirl said:

Fantastic news!
Yes, it was. However, my wife and I flew Lufthansa from Geneva to Munich last Sunday and they DID require masks, so I think it is a thing still with Lufthansa. We were also required to wear masks on all public transportation in Germany, (trains, streetcars, subways,...etc..).
04aggiegirl
AG
Yeah I figured luftansa hadn't relented yet. Guess I'll be forced to drink the entire flight…

Same for Italy - masks are required in all public trans. Hoping it will subside before my next trip but doubt it.
Sorrell Booke
Flew Lufthansa operated by United out of IAH to London last Friday. No masks required, full flight. Only a couple of maskers on the flight. I was more bothered by the ADD kid next to me who would slurp every sip of water he took, had the hiccups for over thirty minutes, and for some reason, watched TV with no headphones for at least a hour.
04aggiegirl
AG
Lufthansa still requiring masks as of today. Also cancelled several connecting flights for colleagues and me (all traveling different routes b/c of availability). I guess this is the new travel norm.
OilManAg91
AG
On any flights INTO or OUT of Germany, Lufthansa still requires masks. Other airlines flying out of Germany likely do not require masks, Lufthansa may depending on the flight crew. Lufthansa flights not originating or flying into Germany do not require masks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.