COVID TESTING REQUIREMENTS LIFTED SUNDAY NIGHT

2,082 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by StinkyPinky
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-10/us-lifts-covid-19-test-requirement-for-international-travel

Edit - it ends Sunday at 12:01 AM, not Sunday night!

Quote:

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (ZEKE MILLER)
June 10, 2022, 8:44 AM CDTUpdated onJune 10, 2022, 9:32 AM CDT

Washington (AP) -- The Biden administration is lifting its requirement that international air travelers to the U.S. take a COVID-19 test within a day before boarding their flights, easing one of the last remaining government mandates meant to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
A senior administration official said the mandate expires Sunday at 12:01 a.m. EDT, saying the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined that it's no longer necessary. The official, speaking Friday on the condition of anonymity to preview the formal announcement, said that the agency would reevaluate the need for the testing requirement every 90 days and that it could be reinstated if a troubling new variant emerges.
eiggA2002
AG
About damn time!
JMac03
AG
eiggA2002 said:

About damn time!
I know. I have a client stuck in the Dominican Republic who can fly home Monday (Sunday now if he changes his flight)
FancyKetchup14
AG
About damn time. I fly to Iceland next week and was dreading this.
RAB83
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

We're looking at a trip to Iceland later this summer. Please post any tips or advice when you return.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Finally!!!!!
FancyKetchup14
AG
Will do.
Ken Adams
AG
Yall didnt hear? Neg monkeypox test is taking place of the CV requirement.
Gabster43213
We have a family member leaving for Spain next Thursday (the 18th) from the US and returning to the US on the 25th.

Is covid testing no longer a concern on either flight or does Spain have a requirement entering from the US?
JMac03
AG
Going to the Sherpa website will be your most up to date information for entry requirements (for anywhere). It is a great resource.
schmendeler
AG
Great news!
wessimo
TXTransplant
We fly home Monday. Perfect timing!
Matsui
AG
After Sunday neither have that request
eiggA2002
AG
Spain still requires proof of vax or negative test for entry I believe.The US lifting their entry requirements hasn't changed anything for traveling to Spain.
TXTransplant
We are in The Azores, which also says they require proof of vax or a negative test. No one at the airport asked to see either when we got our boarding pass. I wouldn't go without, but honestly, people working for the airlines don't GAS.
Big Al 1992
AG
Can you get credit or refund for the E-Med testing kits you had to use to get back?? Asking for a friend!
Furlock Bones
AG
took way too ****ing long. but, i guess they needed something to counter the inflation news today.
gggmann
AG
A bunch of pinay emed test proctors just got their pink slips.
Aggie82x2
AG
Actually ends Sunday morning! We are flying home from Belize and won't have to test. Effective 12:01 AM 6.12.22.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0610-COVID-19-test.html
JMac03
AG
Correct. I meant to say Saturday night/Sunday AM!
BucketofBalls99
Anyone heard if they will be lifting all the testing for cruises anytime soon?
JMac03
AG
BucketofBalls99 said:

Anyone heard if they will be lifting all the testing for cruises anytime soon?
I haven't, and I think that is the cruise lines that are requiring it, not the government (but I could be wrong). I wouldn't be shocked if they kept it up since it can spread pretty quickly with how close everyone is on a ship I think on the cruise where my clients caught it, there were 16 people who ended up getting it (or well that at least was bussed from Vancouver to Seattle by the cruise line)
CoolaidWade
AG
Just heard the news from Italy. **** yeah! Such a stupid rule they had on us for a whole damn year.
FancyKetchup14
AG
RAB83 said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

We're looking at a trip to Iceland later this summer. Please post any tips or advice when you return.

Typing on my phone so forgive any typos or formatting issues. This might feel all over the place.

In short, Iceland is great. In terms of expectations it kind of depends on what you're looking for and how you and your party travel. I went with two buddies and we're all 30. We flew into Reyk and spent one night. The next day we rented a car and started our drive. We ended up driving the entire island (clockwise from Reyk), except for the westfjords. Evidently the weather up there was still pretty bad a couple weeks ago, and they're logistically a huge pain in the neck to get to, but supposedly that's where the puffins are and there's some pretty cool landscapes to check out. If we had another day, we probably would've dealt with the weather and tried it.

Admittedly we're cheap asses, so we took our tents and camped at campsites (they're easy to find and they're all over Iceland). They cost about $10 a person. We had a RAV4 and just pulled up and unloaded, but I noticed lots of people rented campervans they were sleeping in.

Gas is super expensive, like $10-11 a gallon. Food is pretty expensive in restaurants. We ate out a few times, but we bought fruit and stuff in the grocery stores, and brought dehydrated meals since we were camping and doing hikes. Booze costs quite a bit in the restaurant/tap house, but we bought some road pops at the Icelandic version of Specs (they only have one brand of liquor stores) and it was normal priced. I'd say lodging costs depends on your standards (ours aren't super high).

I think most people hit the southern area of Iceland cause that's where a large portion of the touristy stuff is…think Diamond beach, skogafoss, Reynisfara, etc. Personally, my favorite part was either Skaftafell national park or exploring the Icelandic highlands up in Landmannalaugar National Park and hiking up there. it was unbelievable. But to get to the latter you have to have a vehicle rated for F roads (all wheel drive with a decent clearance).

If you have the time and budget, I highly recommend driving the whole island. There were parts in the north that were gorgeous, it really feels like another world. We did Blue Lagoon and it's as advertised, and I'd say it's "worth it" but we did some hot springs up in the north that were pretty great too. I can get names for you if you end up going that way.

In term of weather it rained nearly everyday for some portion. It can get really windy, think west Texas but worse. Sunset would start at 1am and last till 3am, then sunrise started immediately after. We'd drive till 2-3am almost everyday cause we were hiking during most of the afternoon and we never really got tired since the sun never went down. My circadian rhythm was sacrificed to some Scandinavian god on that trip.

It's a super cool country. Hope you have fun. Oh and the gas station hot dogs are legit. They're like $3, too.
StinkyPinky
AG
Exactly two and a half days before the ban lift I was with a co-worker in Tel Aviv and we were coming back to the states in two days. So we were elated and cancelled our tests. The morning before we left my co-worker started to feel bad, took a test, and tested positive. Thankfully she had a very mild case, but more importantly was able to get home.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.