BELIZE - It's happening

2,012 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Diggity
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We leave early tomorrow for 5 days in Belize.

Just my wife and me so we have decided to stay the entire time on Ambergris Caye. We're looking forward to lazily visiting all that the island has to offer. We also plan on one sunset cruise and one catamaran sail to Caye Caulker.

The hotel has ESPN2 so I'm good for Saturday's game but sure would like to find a sports bar with the U for the Friday night game. I do have my location masking VPN ready to stream HULU if needed.
PlanoAg98
AG
Go diving or snorkeling. Belize has amazing corral and marine life.
aggiebrad94
AG
Yes, we'll definitely snorkel. Our resort - Coco Beach - has some decent stuff to use on the water as well.
Aggie82x2
AG
We are in Ambergris Caye currently and loving it!!! Was told to go to Crocs to watch the game Friday night. Haven't verified with them yet, but the people that told me were Bama and Clemson alum that live here full time now & are trustworthy! Said it has good food and they have watched lots of games there before.

Plan on eating at Victoria House at least once, if not more. We just stayed there for 3 nights and it was fabulous. We will be going back to eat again Saturday night before we head home on Sunday.
Ag with kids
AG
Hungry Grouper and Elvi's are good places to grab some food...

We'll be there from 6/29-7/5. Counting the days...
Al Bula
AG
Should be an awesome trip. Don't worry about Aggie sports, take advantage of the awesome fishing!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
You are gonna have a great time!
TX AG 88
AG
Went there last year, had a great time.

Check out the Truck Stop. Live music stage surrounded by a bunch of different restaurants (each built in a converted shipping container - kind of like a food truck park) and a larger movie/show venue way in the back. Seating in the middle.

Rent a golf cart. Be sure to inspect it carefully before accepting it. One of the rear view mirrors on ours rattled off and fell onto the road as we were driving along. Went back and picked it up and returned it with the cart. They accused us of sideswiping something and were going to charge us a pretty exorbitant repair fee. We rented it from a third party, arranged thru our resort. The resort manager straightened them out and they waived the charges. The mirror was probably noticeably loose when we got it, had we looked more closely.

The "Secret Beach" is no secret, but worth the drive.

Swimming with the (nurse) Sharks was a cool side trip from our reef snorkeling. Apparently they've been conditioned to show up at a particular spot every day for some chum. There were 8-10 boats there for the festivities, so it shouldn't be hard to find a guide that goes there.

have fun, i'm envious!
Diggity
AG
we're heading down there in about a week.

you have a review for us?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.