2 days in Colorado - any guidance Ags?

2,782 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by mike073
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope it is not to late for this: TAKE PLENTY OF WATER (at least 2 or 3 liters) and/or a water filter. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And sunscreen.
nosoupforyou
AG
milner79 said:

Hope it is not to late for this: TAKE PLENTY OF WATER (at least 2 or 3 liters) and/or a water filter. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. And sunscreen.

I plan to! Backpack will be loaded with multiple waters - will grab sunscreen but it's supposed to be overcast and rainy - oh well.. pressing on!
nosoupforyou
AG
What a trip! Thank you all for the advice - from stopping at Colorado Cherry Company to great hikes, how to get a pass, and road closure advice - it all made for a memorable trip.. despite the overcast days and rain on Sunday afternoon (and the nail in my tire that cut things short, overall a great trip.

Highlight was definitely Alluvial Fan Waterfall hike.. amazing, daring, and adventurous as I took a few risks jumping from rock to rock - it was great.

Will post pics next.. I tried once and lost the entire post when it failed
nosoupforyou
AG

nosoupforyou
AG

mike073
AG
soup - glad you had a good time in Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. Sorry about the tire.

We go up there two or three times per year - it's four hours door to door from San Antonio via Denver. Next challenge is deciding between the leaves changing a the end of September or the weekend after Labor day for the Scottish Heritage Festival - hard to choose.

All the previous photos I posed were taken May 31-June 4 this year.

One more to close it out:

Gig 'em Aggies!

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.