Re-Entry into US may get tougher for non-vaccinated individuals

1,956 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tamc93
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This hasn't been officially announced, but thought I would share.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/impacting-travel/us-reentry-gets-tougher-for-unvaccinated-travelers-under-new-policy.html

Quote:

While being unvaccinated won't bar homebound Americans from re-entering the States, the uninoculated will face tighter testing parameters than they currently do. These individuals will be required to present negative results from a COVID-19 test performed within just 24 hours of boarding their flight, rather than 72, and will also need to prove that they've purchased a viral test to take after their arrival in the U.S.
It also states they aren't removing the testing requirement for vaccinated travelers (which I kept hoping would come).
Ag CPA
AG
It's a big enough PITA dealing with the 3-day test and the uncertainty it creates getting home, guessing most of the anti-vaxers will be heading to Florida instead if this passes.

You could probably get some people over the fence if they would remove the testing requirement for the vaccinated.
Furlock Bones
AG
I'm vaccinated. But how can anyone be in favor these insane of levels of government overreach.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Two weeks to stop the spread!
The Chicken Ranch
AG
The government is conditioning us to make us not want to travel. It's what all totalitarian Marxists regimes do.
strohag
AG
We loved taking trips to Cabo, Cancun, etc. However we can't risk being stuck somewhere for 2+ weeks anymore now that we have kids. These travel restrictions are getting even more ridiculous. I never thought I would ever put a pool in at my house but I'm strongly considering it now. Covid is never going away and the government is making sure to keep all this nonsense alive at all costs. Life needs to get back to normal.
maroon10
AG
So ridiculous. When do we think the 72 hour proof of negative test will go away? Kept us from going to Cabo last week. Questioning if this will be changed by summer.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Keep pushing for that segregation between the vaxxed and the unvaxxed. You're going to break air travel completely.

I hate to break it to you, but as an American, they cannot prevent you from entering the USA.
They could detain you on arrival, but on what charge?

It is possible that they could put enough pressure on the airline to prevent you from boarding.

Since the Saudis were nice enough to extend my tourist visa from 2019 through to 2022 now, I'm planning to travel to Saudi Arabia in a few months.

I'm planning to fly Emirates which is going to mean that I'll have 24h+ of travel time from the time I leave KSA. The flight from Dubai to LAX will be about 17 hours by itself.

So, i guess I'll have to hit a Covid Test at the last second prior to boarding my plane in Dammam.

And on arrival, what the heck are they going to do to you if you don't follow up with a Covid test on 24 hours of arrival back in the USSR?

In LA County, when you arrive from another State, you're supposed to quarantine already. Nobody does that for sure. The lunacy continues.
YouBet
AG
Absolutely insane. I'm a citizen so once my feet are on soil and at home they can go F themselves. Zero reason for need to do this test.
Phat32
AG
2 weeks to slow the spread
htxag09
AG
Honest question, what are they trying to do with crap like this? Are they under the perception that covid and it's strains aren't already here? Or has anything in the last two years shown they can actually contain new variants?
Jock 07
AG
If one was to pin some type of symbol, let's just say a star for arguments sake, to one's sleeve would our benevolent government allow them to pass?
Asking for a friend.
EMY92
AG
Just tell them you're entering the country illegally. No test or vaccine required.
TXCityAggie
AG
The testing requirement needs to go away for vaccinated individuals. It can be a major pain in the ass, especially those of us traveling from developing countries.
Post removed:
by user
HollywoodBQ
AG
TXCityAggie said:

The testing requirement needs to go away for vaccinated individuals. It can be a major pain in the ass, especially those of us traveling from developing countries.
The vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid, nor does it stop you from spreading Covid.
There should be absolutely no difference in treatment for the vaxxed or unvaxxed with respect to air travel.

Frankly, they made a huge mistake by calling it a vaccine. People are under the false impression that they're getting immunity.

If airlines and countries want to do something to show they're being pro-active in looking for sick passengers, they should do what they've been doing in Asia for the past decade.

When you fly in to Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, and Tokyo, they run incoming passengers past a thermal scanner. It's unobtrusive and they collect some data that might be helpful. Of course I've never seen them pull anyone up for having a fever. But you do get to see your thermal scan on the monitor and the thermal scan of everybody else who is walking by so, it does make you feel a little more comfortable.

Now if you're like me and had Covid but never popped a fever, you cruise right by the thermal scanners even though you're infected. Fun times.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Frankly, they made a huge mistake by calling it a vaccine.
If they don't call it a vaccine, nobody would be letting them put it in their arms.
TAM85
TXCityAggie said:

Why? You can still get it, carry it and spread it.
txags92
AG
TAM85 said:

TXCityAggie said:

Why? You can still get it, carry it and spread it.
Ok, then why bother with having different testing protocols for vaxxed versus unvaxxed? If you are going to treat them the same and both groups can catch it, carry it, and spread it, then why do you care if they are vaccinated or not?
tamc93
AG
txags92 said:

Ok, then why bother with having different testing protocols for vaxxed versus unvaxxed? If you are going to treat them the same and both groups can catch it, carry it, and spread it, then why do you care if they are vaccinated or not?
Once F84 understands this, it will go away. Until then we keep F16 in business.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.