Best legitimate sites for vacation Search?

1,783 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by lil99chris
BigAggieCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About to start planning a 10 year anniversary trip for next spring. We are open for most anything but with Covid situations we are not even sure what places we should look at or what are the best places to start looking.

I know international is limited due to regulations but not even sure what those are for each place. Anyone else doing a search? Would love to go out of the country and I know her ideal place is the Maldives but tough to figure if places like that are really options.

Anyone know of any good options out there or what the best sites to search are?

Thanks
'06
HeightsAg
It's not that hard to google "Maldives covid requirements" or whatever countries you are interested in. Also, many travel websites have an aggregate list of countries that are open for Americans with specific stipulations. If you prefer to have everything spoon fed to you, pay for a travel agent.
Robert C. Christian
AG
What the poster said above, also since your trip is 6 months away be prepared for country specific rules to change between you book and fly.
AustinCountyAg
I think you need to decide if you want beach, mountains, city, etc then go from there.
TXCityAggie
AG
Come down here to Colombia! Everything is fully open and you can get a little bit of anything you would want....mountains, beautiful beaches, rain forests, huge cities, small pueblos.
tamc93
AG
We have had luck with some of the travel agents here on TexAgs and also Costco Travel.

Unfortunately due to changing travel restrictions, we have only been able to due "last minute" trips which limits us somewhat.

I was never a fan of trip insurance before, but it saved us last year.
JMac03
AG
I have mostly only been planning Mexico and the Caribbean. Too many other places restrictions that have been changing constantly. I have clients booked to abort Bora in January who refused insurance and I'm already getting stressed about it. When it was booked Covid was doing way better. I turn down pretty much all Europe jobs cause it's just not worth it unless I can book with a certain vendor and get cancel for any reason for only $65 per person.
Summer Breeze
AG
resortvacationstogo.com

You can search trips infinitely. When you get ready to book you call and use their travel agent. I've used them for years.
KALALL
AG
The last I saw the Maldives was totally open and there were some really good deals to be had.
breezecustomtravel
AG
Most countries and islands have a tourism board website and they usually are up to date with all of the entry requirements and what is open and what is not.
For example: St. Lucia is open to all travelers but if you are vaccinated you will be given a wrist band to basically be able to maneuver about the island pretty freely. If you aren't vaccinated, there will be areas you cannot go and there is a curfew, etc...

But, most places are open and you can travel - you will just have extra steps and legwork to enter and exit.

I know a lot of travelers like to plan and book their own vacations - I totally get it.
I am a travel agent so I usually always say book with a travel agent, but now more than ever they can help you navigate these crazy times.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
M4 Benelli
Summer Breeze said:

resortvacationstogo.com

You can search trips infinitely. When you get ready to book you call and use their travel agent. I've used them for years.

I second this company, based out of Houston.
TXCityGirl
I use aavacations.com through American Airlines or vacations.united.com through United. Been using them for years.
JMac03
AG
I LOVE AAVacations. I use them for all trips I can for my clients. Their cancel for any reason protection is great. Fun fact - within the first 6 months of this year, I was told I was in the top 20-25 or so for all travel agents for volume booked with AAV.

I also use United Vacations and Southwest Vacations as needed.
Matsui
AG
Use jmac she is awesome
JMac03
AG
Awww thanks!
lil99chris
AG
Seriously . . .use JMac03. She knows her stuff and it is always good to help out an Aggie business!

I know I always appreciate my Texags customers for Disney and Universal vacations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.