Vegas restaurant recommendations?

7,039 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
El Chupacabra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RiverAg 80 said:

Joe's Stone Crabs is our go to place for a really good meal.
Is Joes the one in Caesars?

I've been 2x...first time was 'meh' at best. Second time someone in our party spent the balance of the day on and hugging the toilet.
El Chupacabra
I've been to Craftsteak at MGM 2x and thoroughly enjoyed it both times.
Hincemm
AG
El Chupacabra said:

RiverAg 80 said:

Joe's Stone Crabs is our go to place for a really good meal.
Is Joes the one in Caesars?

I've been 2x...first time was 'meh' at best. Second time someone in our party spent the balance of the day on and hugging the toilet.

Sorry that was your experience. We've every year for the past 4 for a guys trip and loved it each time
BQ_2010
AG
If you go to Freemont St I would highly recommend going to Le Thai.
cottonpicker
AG
Marking for trip in December. Lots of good info.
Old School Brother
Bunk Moreland said:

SW Steakhouse across the street at the Wynn
Cut is better than SW and is in your hotel.
Rex Racer
AG
Nora's Italian Cuisine is also very good.

5780 W Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, NV 89103
SbisaVictim95
AG
BQ_2010 said:

If you go to Freemont St I would highly recommend going to Le Thai.
Also, 8 East at Circa is owned by the same family that runs Le Thai and is very good. While Le Thai is well, thai food, 8 East has a wider range - pan-Asian I guess? They also have Le Thai's Brisket Fried Rice on the menu. Most of the menu is made to be shared but I've had the ramen and the pork belly bao buns and they're awesome.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

I always like to try new places when going to Vegas but would not hesitate to go to ones listed by others

Lotus of Siam
Mon Ami Gabi
Peppermill
Peppermill is a neat old school experience especially if you check out the fireside lounge attached to it. But other than oversized portions there's nothing great about it. Just standard diner fare.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Cleaver's. Off the strip (1 block) with happy hour deals in entrees. One of the best meals I've ever had and service was phenomenal. I got steak Oscar and it was the tits. Really cool place.
BSD
AG
Ends up I'm needing to find lunch in Vegas. Was going to hit Bouchon but they are closed for lunch on weekdays now. Would do Lamaii but having Thai food for dinner. Maybe some place in Cosmo?

Thoughts?
dcAg
BSD is correct.
ol'Porkbelly
AG
Piggybacking on this. Any suggestions for places to eat with kids that isn't a regular chain or fast food burger?

I want a place that I want to eat at but that they can find something to enjoy too.

What about the buffet at the Bellagio? Any good? Buffets aren't usually (ever) my bag but I'm a Vegas novice and someone else told me it was good.
BMX Bandit
sorry can't help on that one.

i never received a penance of having to bring kids to las vegas. what you do to deserve that?
SchnauzerMom
It's not fancy, but we make it a point to go to Hash House a Go Go when we are in Vegas. HUGE portions though. Really good bloody mary!
BSD
AG
ol'Porkbelly said:

Piggybacking on this. Any suggestions for places to eat with kids that isn't a regular chain or fast food burger?

Black Tap Burgers in the Venetian
ol'Porkbelly
AG
BMX Bandit said:

sorry can't help on that one.

i never received a penance of having to bring kids to las vegas. what you do to deserve that?
Haha, we're taking the kids to Capitol Reef, Bryce and Zion NPs but ending our trip in Vegas so,we can check out the new Meow Wolf Omega Mart there. Usually I'm not a Vegas type of guy but a couple nights of glitz after modest accommodations in the NPs is always a fun change of pace.
Chipotlemonger
AG
May need to try Lotus of Siam next time I am there!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.