Trip to San Diego, CA

1,067 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ORAggieFan
slikk24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This will be me & my wife's first time visiting San Diego, we will be without our kids for five days while there and are needing suggestions on restaurants & things to do there.
AggieStan
MUST do airballon ride
oldarmy76
We really enjoyed hiking down the Saigon trail to blacks beach in the morning. The terrain is amazing and the beach is spectacular. Just google where to find it.

We randomly took a short trip…45 min or so…towards the northwest to visit a few wineries which we found very enjoyable.

In San Diego, tour the aircraft carrier and check out little Italy or whatever they call that part of the city. We did a walking tour of in town as well which was fun and interesting.

Enjoy the time with no kids.
SW AG80
AG
Drive up to Del Mar and eat at Jake's. Right on the beach. Very good. Get the macadamian ice cream pie. There are several really good Italian food restaurants. Go over the Coronado Island and visit the bar at The Hotel Del Coronado (Hotel Del). Beautiful hotel. Eat at George's on the Cove in LaJolla.
JohnnyShotgun
Spend time in Balboa Park (museums, gardens, architecture, just beautiful and relaxing). There are dozens of fantastic breweries in San Diego, drink, drink, drink. Visit Old Town for some history and good Mexican food. Hop on a trolley tour that will take you all over the city. You can get on and off at multiple spots around town. Visit Ocean Beach and eat hamburgers at Hodads. San Diego Zoo is world class. Grab some drinks at the Hotel Del Coronado and people watch on the decks out by the beach. Go to La Jolla and walk the beach after lunch. Go to a Padres game if they are in town. Enjoy San Diego, it's a great city!
Jock 07
AG
Over the past few years living out here behind enemy lines we've kind of made it a late summer/early fall tradition to go down and spend a few days either at the del or NAS North Island. Headed back to the Del in a couple weeks for the Columbus Day holiday weekend.

We usually just hang at the beach but have also ventured out to the zoo, the midway and sea world. Zoo & Midway are definitely worth the trip. Wouldn't bother with sea world again though. Plenty of great breweries around as well.

By far my favorite city in the state and it's not even really that close.
ORAggieFan
Where staying (or do you know) and how old kids?

Things I would definitely do:

Zoo
Safari Park
USS Midway
Balboa Park/Museums (by a pass for unlimited if they have it)
Beach (I'd probably do La Jolla, unless you're staying near another one)

OOPS, you said without kids . I'd still consider these, but I'd be less busy with kids. Maybe Zoo/Beach/Balboa Park.

Depending on where you stay I can let you know restaurants. Little Italy is the best area to dine and full of great options.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.