NYC

1,620 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dallasag_123
fatherof4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How strict is the COVID vaccine checking at the restaurants in NYC now?
I Am A Critic
Very
Username checks out.
fatherof4
Ok. Thanks
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Strict, prepare to fistfight, literally.
Bucketrunner
Friends cut their trip there short. Said it was a pretty miserable place.
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
All the restaurants in Manhattan are strict, probably less-so if you want to spend your time in Staten Island.
breezecustomtravel
AG
I just had to cancel a trip to NYC for some clients because the restrictions and regulations were just getting too much to deal with.

I'm afraid that tourism to NYC will take a while to pick back up or ever get back to normal.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
dallasag_123
Just got back from NYC. It was great. bars, restaurants are packed and the city is back.
aglaohfour
AG
Haven't been to NYC since December 2019 and have canceled 2 trips already. I have a whole week of stuff booked and paid for the week of Thanksgiving, including vip seats for the Macy's parade. I will probably have an emotional breakdown if we have to cancel again or if everything completely sucks.
fatherof4
Thanks for all the reply's.
The Kraken
AG
So just checking your vaccine card? Thinking of taking a trip and if I just need to whip the card out..that's not a big deal for me, personally.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
dallasag_123
yep. there is an app you can upload the card and your ID so do not even need to carry it around. Simple. or, you can just sit outside and the vast majority of places have ample space outside they added during the last year and half.
YouBet
AG
Two completely opinions in here that both can't be true.
Jock 07
AG
dallasag_123 said:

yep. there is an app you can upload the card and your ID so do not even need to carry it around. Simple. or, you can just sit outside and the vast majority of places have ample space outside they added during the last year and half.

Or you could just wear a star on your arm, I've heard that works as well.
scd88
AG
Sorry, but **** that *****

At this point, why anyone willingly complied with vaccine cards just for this is mind numbing. It's definitely a "principal of the matter" issue on many levels.

I'm one who has already scratched off places like NYC and California as travel destinations. Sucks but I feel like this is right.
kyledr04
AG
A lot of places have outdoor seating or built little decks on the street. If you sit there most don't ask for your vaccine. Most take out places don't ask.
dallasag_123
Home schooled your kids right?
dallasag_123
This is the travel board, not the GD politics board. It was asked if NYC was serious about it, and it was answered yes they are. It was also said that it was a miserable place to be. And that is simply not the case in my opinion if you are vaccinated. WAY less masks then major Texas cities as any one indoors has been vaccinated. Manhattan is back to pre-pandemic levels at bars and restaurants. Life if more or less back to normal for the vaccinated.

If you are not vaccinated then do not go, or do and complain. Whatever. Not exactly the same thing as being rounded up and put into the Warsaw ghetto.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.