British Ags

949 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JYDog90
ChainingTatum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there an Aggie Bar in london? Myself and 15 other Ags are in town this weekend and want to watch the A&M-Arkansas game?
Or better question, is there a college football bar in London?
Aggie@state.gov
AG
When you ask the googler "college football bar london" about 10 of them show up.

sounds like a good project for the week pub crawling to all of them to ask about Saturday.

The London A&M club also has a FB page
I Am A Critic
Always amazed at people who fly for hours to one of the greatest cities in the world and want to watch mediocre American football as if they'd never left home.
Username checks out.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Always amazed at people who fly for hours to one of the greatest cities in the world and want to watch mediocre American football as if they'd never left home.

Username checks out
ATM9000
AG
Champagnepetey said:

Is there an Aggie Bar in london? Myself and 15 other Ags are in town this weekend and want to watch the A&M-Arkansas game?
Or better question, is there a college football bar in London?

I live hereā€¦ the answer to this is it is highly unlikely given both the lack popularity and difficulty with TV licensing in London. I am pretty certain this week is the CBS game which means I'll be using VPN to view the game. Your best bet is a place called The Loose Box in Pimlico but I thought they even didn't put the CBS or Fox games on.

I second the 'why' on this one. I'm assuming this is your only Saturday night in London which if that's the case, go find something cooler to do.
ChainingTatum
AG
Awesome good to know, I'll call a couple bars/pubs and Loose Box and ask thank you!

I love how invested everyone is in my travel plans! We are going to the Man City / Chelsea game that afternoon and wanted to hit a pub for dinner. If that pub happened to be playing the A&M-Ark game that's a win win. It helps that half the group is from A&M the other half is from Arkansas.
ATM9000
AG
Champagnepetey said:

If that pub happened to be playing the A&M-Ark game that's a win win. It helps that half the group is from A&M the other half is from Arkansas.

Is this the part where I tell you that, unlike the US, the majority of bars, restaurants and pubs actually don't have TV's in them at all and are more geared towards social interactions rather than keeping your entertained cheaply while you dump beer down the hatch or do I just let you sort of figure that out this weekend?

All seriousness, London's an incredible city and hope your group has a lot of fun. Do what you'd like Saturday night and I certainly have no reason to be incensed or care one way or the other.
JYDog90
AG
I call BS on this. I've watched Ted Lasso, I know what's what.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.