New Mexico

1,368 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jja79
1991sir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, family and I are staying a night in Santa Fe. Just wondering how COVID crazy they are right now? Will we be able to enjoy ourselves? Or do we just need to order out and stay at the hote?
Spore Ag
In Santa Fe now. Enforce mask only in doors. Outside no problem. Festival on the plaza dome wore mask most did not.

Doing The Big Barn Dance in Taos tomorrow and have heard there are more guidelines.
jja79
AG
I stayed in Las Cruces last Thursday and couldn't get an Uber or into any restaurant because I don't wear a mask. A guard at McDonald's the next morning kept me from getting coffee for the road. I was able to stay at Courtyard by checking in with my phone and using the mobile key option. I was told it's a state requirement but don't know that for sure.
Bucketrunner
Just crossed through NM yesterday. Had to have a mask to go into the convenience store. Clerk had one on with his beard protruding from the bottom. Smh.
Martin87
AG
If you can or will wear a mask into shops or restaurants in SF then you will be ok. Frankly, most of those businesses are simply trying to keep from getting fined, or in some cases, closed.

I haven't worn a mask in a convenience store or truck stop yet - and have not had any employee ask me to do so.

As a side note, there are great restaurants in SF, but most of the shops are overpriced for fake merchandise. One that is not is the Nambe store on Paseo de Peralta. They usually have some good discounts. The Native Americans on the plaza also have good work at reasonable prices.

CDub06
AG
Masks are required inside as of a couple of weeks ago. They take this COVID stuff seriously as they were hit pretty hard. However, it's a minor inconvenience compared to the restrictions last year.
jja79
AG
They're completely worthless so there's that. I went through New Mexico again yesterday and made sure I had plenty of gas to get through and not spend any money there.
Bucketrunner
We did the same on the way home from Denver.
CDub06
AG
Cool story.

I was in ABQ a couple of weeks ago, complied where necessary, and was only minorly inconvenienced.
jja79
AG
Keep complying and don't complain when they put another useless mandate on you because they will. Compliance empowers them.

Interesting choice of words. Complied when necessary. What was it necessary for? Recognition of authority? It sure wasn't necessary for yours or anyone else's well being.
CDub06
AG
jja79 said:

Keep complying and don't complain when they put another useless mandate on you because they will. Compliance empowers them.

Interesting choice of words. Complied when necessary. What was it necessary for? Recognition of authority? It sure wasn't necessary for yours or anyone else's well being.

I complied where the signs were posted. Took my mask off at the bar. I agree it doesn't make sense. But the people having to enforce the rules locally aren't the ones making them. No sense in hassling them when wearing a mask is simple enough.

And no, some master overlord isn't just trying to burden you with excessive mandates just to see how much you'll take. They'll repeal this soon enough like they did before.
jja79
AG
We don't have to agree but I do think there is zero reason for anyone to wear a mask anywhere. I think you overestimate our leadership if you think they won't push any mandates they can. I realize the businesses in New Mexico aren't too blame so wednesday before I passed through there again I made sure to eat and fill up in Wilcox, Arizona so as not to have to stop in New Mexico.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.