Vail Resorts Mask Mandate 9/7

3,639 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teslag
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just an FYI Vail Resorts is issuing a mask mandate for their NA properties. Starting 9/7 you'll need a face covering indoors and in all enclosed spaces (gondolas etc).

https://www.vail.com/explore-the-resort/about-the-resort/commitment-to-safety.aspx

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Dumb
The Lost
lol at it being conveniently being after their summer season ends
EMY92
AG
I was in Breckenridge this week. I think they have a mask mandate, but a very few were wearing one.
JustPanda
AG
No they don't. If they did, it'd be enforced. How do you people travel places and have no idea about the local restrictions and requirements? It's kinda scary.
lil99chris
AG
TXAggie2011
AG
EMY92 said:

I was in Breckenridge this week. I think they have a mask mandate, but a very few were wearing one.
I was there last week. They don't have one. They're in their county's "level green" which means no mask mandate but private businesses can issue one for their business---I did not come across a business that was.
Ag CPA
AG
I am guessing all of NM has an indoor mandate now; was probably 70% masked at the Lowes in Angel Fire this morning but 100% at the Albertsons in Taos this afternoon.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
JustPanda said:

How do you people travel places and have no idea about the local restrictions and requirements? It's kinda scary.

Might want to stay inside when all our scary fellow Ags come up next week for the game maskless.
I'll welcome them with open arms and some blue aluminum mountains for the both of us.
fire09
AG
Maybe this time the mask mandates will work.
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

JustPanda said:

How do you people travel places and have no idea about the local restrictions and requirements? It's kinda scary.

Might want to stay inside when all our scary fellow Ags come up next week for the game maskless.
I'll welcome them with open arms and some blue aluminum mountains for the both of us.

It seemed like you were being quite hospitable but then...
EMY92
AG
JustPanda said:

No they don't. If they did, it'd be enforced. How do you people travel places and have no idea about the local restrictions and requirements? It's kinda scary.
The notice I received from Google for my upcoming trip stated that masks were required.

What's the big deal? It's not like it's a huge issue either way.
Waterski02
AG
Except gondolas aren't included in the mask policy. Just indoors. Unless "actively eating or drinking". Came from our friends at the USFS.
JYDog90
AG
My wife and I are looking for a place for our 20th anniversary trip. We've been to Vail in the Winter and in the Summer, but how is early October?
ColoradoMooseHerd
Willy Wonka said:

My wife and I are looking for a place for our 20th anniversary trip. We've been to Vail in the Winter and in the Summer, but how is early October?
Vail is great in the fall. Early October can see some snow but most likely you will still see the fall colors in the leaves. Fall is probably my favorite time of year in Vail.

Some places close down between Oktoberfest and Thanksgiving for a little bit of time to take a break or go on vacation themselves. If there is a place you really want to eat at or go to, you may want to check to make sure they won't be closed that week.
JustPanda
AG
+1 - It's my fav time of year. The leaves are just starting to lighten up too. So early October will be a great time to leaf peep.

You also pay less in lodging and it's easier to get into restaurants during shoulder season.
Teslag
AG
JustPanda said:

Just an FYI Vail Resorts is issuing a mask mandate for their NA properties. Starting 9/7 you'll need a face covering indoors and in all enclosed spaces (gondolas etc).

https://www.vail.com/explore-the-resort/about-the-resort/commitment-to-safety.aspx

You probably like this based on your history.
JustPanda
AG
Yup
Teslag
AG
JustPanda said:

Yup

Good, then I'll remember to wear my mesh mask there again and wear it below my nose.
JustPanda
AG
Cool story
JustPanda
AG
Interesting little nugget of data:

Based on the state's data, vaccinated people in Colorado are:

3.4 times less likely to become a COVID-19 case
3.7 times less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19
5.8 times less likely to die of COVID-19
tx.ag15
was just in vail all last week and did not have to wear a mask inside a single place. had no clue there was even a mandate.
BSD
AG
JustPanda said:

This is the travel board. Take this **** to the Self Righteous I'm Better Than You Please Look At Me board.
Bassmaster
AG
JustPanda said:

We don't care.
Teslag
AG
tx.ag15 said:

was just in vail all last week and did not have to wear a mask inside a single place. had no clue there was even a mandate.

Most places don't, and those that do won't enforce it. Just go maskless.
Phat32
AG
Another JustPanda pleasantry.
Teslag
AG
Dude is probably hunkered down in his basement in full hazmat gear after seeing all the maskless aggies in Denver Saturday.
JustPanda
AG
We don't have basements….we're in bedrock.
Jock 07
AG
JustPanda said:

Because no one gives a **** about your bull**** unenforceable rules
aggiejumper
AG
Guests ages 12 and over will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations to dine at our
indoor, on-mountain quick-service (cafeteria-style) restaurants.
This requirement includes those guests
12 and over in our ski and ride school programs that include lunch. More details on the verification process will
be released ahead of the season. Consistent with many other large-scale indoor activities and venues, we
believe the vaccine requirement is important for the protection of our guests and our employees, given the
number of people using these facilities and the fact that guests will not be wearing face coverings while eating
and drinking. This is currently the only part of our experience that will require proof of vaccination, unless required
by local public health.

Latest update from an email from Vail Resorts I received...Some of ya'll will love this, most will despise this.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Oh no!

Now if I don't bring my vax card I can't spend $17 on tater tots!

Dumb rule, glad it won't affect me
JustPanda
AG
https://www.vaildaily.com/news/vail-resorts-to-require-proof-of-vaccination-for-guests-at-restaurants-along-with-all-workers/
Phat32
AG
https://www.vaildaily.com/news/vail-resorts-to-require-proof-of-vaccination-for-guests-at-restaurants-along-with-all-workers/

Everyone died last ski season so I'm glad they put this in place.
Garrelli 5000
AG
If their proof is the same as providing proof of tickets when reselling this will go nowhere fast.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.