Houston Airports?

1,787 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MAROON
Scotts Tot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a conference coming up in downtown Houston. It wraps up around 4:30-5:00 on a weekday. Can I make a 6:30 flight from either Bush or Hobby? If so, which airport is my best bet? I'm not super familiar with both airports and the rush hour situation going either direction.

Thanks for any tips!
JMac03
AG
I think that is cutting it close. Hobby should be a breeze for checking in and going through security, but I am not sure you can make it from downtown to Hobby and be in line for the flight in enough time. I haven't lived there in a few years, not sure what traffic is like post covid, but I wouldn't chance it.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
1630, yes for Hobby. 1700, too close to call. No chance for Bush. Find another flight. Not worth the stress.

Also, this is for carry on only. Checking bags, no chance.
Guppy
AG
100% agree!
Scotts Tot
AG
Thanks for the feedback folks!
TXAggie2011
AG
Does Houston have plans to extend the light rail line down to Hobby?
malenurse
AG
God I hope not
barbacoa taco
AG
Leaving a conference during rush hour in Houston to make a 6:30 flight?

aduey06
Go ask the Houston board. It only about 30 minutes drive time anywhere you want to go in Houston so you should be good.
TX04Aggie
AG
If you have precheck or clear, and can get out by 4:30, should be ok for Hobby. Airports are packed again..
IAH no way, especially if out of Terminal C, the road construction into Terminal C is terrible.

Yes, they plan to extend the metro rail to hobby
Stat Monitor Repairman
Don't put yourself through that kind of stress.

Get a room and and catch a flight around 11 am the next day.
Dr.Rumack
aduey06 said:

Go ask the Houston board. It only about 30 minutes drive time anywhere you want to go in Houston so you should be good.

Oh really? One year I was trying to get to Bonfire and it took 15-20 min. just to get from Morningside to and on Kirby (sp?) Then another ten min. just to get to 610 so I could catch 610 to hit 290. Luckily 290 was moving at a good clip. 90% of us where all headed to CS. It was seriously bumper to bumper doing around 70 MPH.

Not sure of the year but it was one of the last on campus.
ChipFTAC01
AG
But in no way shape or form will it be faster than driving.
KDubAg
AG
No, you won't it in time. Definitely not Bush, but I'm pretty sure you won't make it to the gate at Hobby either.
Scotts Tot
AG
Ended up getting a 7:30 at Bushthanks for the feedback.
KDubAg
AG
Scotts Tot said:

Make sure you report back and let us know how it goes. If you can take the Hardy Tollway north it will be faster and no problems, put that's tags only.
HollywoodBQ
AG
KDubAg said:

Scotts Tot said:

Make sure you report back and let us know how it goes. If you can take the Hardy Tollway north it will be faster and no problems, put that's tags only.
I was going to suggest that but, I assumed he'd be in an Uber who was smart enough to figure it out.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

KDubAg said:

Scotts Tot said:

I was going to suggest that but, I assumed he'd be in an Uber who was smart enough to figure it out.

The 59 HOV lane exiting Will Clayton at that time would be the better option. It's more easily accessible from downtown, less congested, and is easier to access the terminals from.
MAROON
AG
as mentioned earlier the road construction to access terminal E and C has been pretty bad. A month ago when we were flying out of terminal C we actually drove to terminal B and went through security there, then took the train to terminal C to avoid the traffic jam.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.