10 day RV trip to Southfork, CO

754 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JustPanda
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for some ideas, things to do, see, RV activities.

We're doing guides fly fishing on the rio grande one day, great sand dunes NP one day.

Thought about going to Creede or Lake City anything to do there?

I saw there's a farm+brewery in Del Norte.

Rio Grande runs through the resort we're at so we'll be doing some fishing and bike riding.

For reference, 6 adults, 3 kids, 2 kids under 2.

oldarmy76
I would say get out off resort area some. Pagosa Springs would be a great day trip. Tubing or hot springs or whatever you want to check out. If you like to fish, follow the rio grand up towards creede and the rio grande reservoir. I think there is a mine in creede that does tours but never been there
CBarrett12
AG
If you have a vehicle to tool about in, a drive to Beaver Creek Reservoir is worth the scenery and furthermore if you keep going past the actual reservoir into the mountains the views and scenery up there are incredible. Specifically the road to Poague Lake. (These roads are forest service roads...rock/kalichi type)
SbisaVictim95
AG
Not a lot to do in Creede as it's a small town, but the drive from there to Lake City is really gorgeous.

If you're into riding ATVs along mountain trails, I recommend Matt with Mountain Skillz. He's a great guide and runs tours out of Creede and I think maybe South Fork as well. Really fun and he's knowledgeable on the history of the mines and has a good eye for spotting wildlife as well.
ChoppinDs40
AG
SbisaVictim95 said:

Not a lot to do in Creede as it's a small town, but the drive from there to Lake City is really gorgeous.

If you're into riding ATVs along mountain trails, I recommend Matt with Mountain Skillz. He's a great guide and runs tours out of Creede and I think maybe South Fork as well. Really fun and he's knowledgeable on the history of the mines and has a good eye for spotting wildlife as well.
we've got 5 ATVs but things like that are hard to do with the little'uns. Trust me, I've been all over Pitkin and Gunnison counties on ATVs.

Thought about making the hike over to Pikes Peak/Colorado springs one day but that's a lot of driving.

Also wanted to go see the Black Canyon of the Gunnison but with 50 being closed, it really changes the way we can get through there (having to go through Saguache and through Gunnison proper).
OilManAg91
AG
Mt Princeton resort hot springs + white water rafting
JustPanda
AG
Looks like the whole state will be in stage 1 or stage 2 fore ban by the end of this month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.