Puerto Vallarta: Is It a Good Destination?

1,284 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by murphyag
Straight Talk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love Mexico over all but no idea about Puerto Vallarta> Ags?
Bulldog73
AG
We loved it. Stayed at Secrets, which was a little bit of a hike to the town square, but we did it two or three times. Beaches were pretty, but not great for swimming at all. Food was incredible around town. I haven't been to the other resort towns in Mexico yet, but I liked it more than Punta Cana and Montego Bay.
AggieStan
Went couple years ago- in December, going again this December. We like it. Even all I we Mexico- Cabo, Cancun.. no issues w PV

Went into town (daytime only) no issues
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
PV is great.
Post removed:
by user
JMac03
AG
We went for a week in the fall and I really liked it. Water isn't the pretty blue. Loved the wide, soft sand beaches. I got in the ocean several times. Walked to a mall down the road. We stayed at Hard Rock. It wasn't my favorite Hard Rock but it wasn't bad at all.
Straight Talk
AG
What is the surrounding countryside like?
Post removed:
by user
Ken Adams
AG
stayed at the Hyatt Ziva a couple years ago. It's further south than the majority of the other large resorts but still within an easy distance to get to the main parts of PV. The tropical mountain backdrop on one side and the beach on the other. One of our favorite places we've ever stayed.
murphyag
AG
Check out Punta Mita. Some very nice hotels here. You fly into Puerto Vallarta airport and then take taxi or shuttle.

As for PV, I've been there several times going back to the 80s. Its too big of a city for my liking. But, that doesn't bother others. I prefer the smaller towns outside of PV.

I suggest you also take a look at Huatulco.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.