Southwest Sale

1,852 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SoupNazi2001
stxag8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a heads up, Southwest is running a 50% off sale for flights purchased 6/15-6/17. Must fly between 9/15-11/3.
bam02
AG
Yeah I'll definitely take a look. Thanks!
CDub06
AG
Perfect timing. Now all the customers on today's grounded flights have time to book some deals.
FDXAg
AG
Dang.. Their sale today made my family trip tickets in October about $800 cheaper. Problem is i made them Wanna get Away tickets for the 5 of us. I can get the future travel funds credit, but that doesn't really benefit us because all 5 of us won't be taking another trip within a year and the travel funds are required to be split 5 different ways for each name on the ticket. (Meaning i can't use all $800 credit for just a future ticket for me)

I'm guessing there is no way to get this price difference fully refunded? Thought about if i could change our tickets to anytime fares. Would only cost me about $120 more total to upgrade all 5 tickets on both flights. But didn't know if that would help me. Didn't know if i could then cancel the whole trip as anytime fares and then get refunded entirely and rebook at the lowest price then.
FDXAg
AG
Found answer online. That's a big NO as I'm not the only person who thought of that loophole lol
bam02
AG
nm
Esteban du Plantier
AG
We've been looking at some flights, which are now twice what they had been a couple days ago, so exactly the same price on sale as we would have paid yesterday.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Get the credit. Doesn't hurt anything and life takes strange twists sometimes.
bam02
AG
Got a good deal on flights for the family to San Diego in October. Hopefully California is still open. Thanks again for the heads up.
BSD
AG
Just rebooked a Columbus Day trip and now have $200 in credit.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
BSD said:

Just rebooked a Columbus Day trip and now have $200 in credit.

That's racist now, it's Indigenous People's Day my fellow traveler.
Straight Talk
AG
OK, not an inditement of SWA but, 2 to Puerto Vallarta $400 in tickets was great but then $300 in fees and taxes! $700 for two RT. No real deal to speak of.

And the credit card has a $69.00 a month fee so your free $200 is eaten up pretty fast.

Did I miss something?
BSD
AG
Straight Talk said:

OK, not an inditement of SWA but, 2 to Puerto Vallarta $400 in tickets was great but then $300 in fees and taxes! $700 for two RT. No real deal to speak of.

And the credit card has a $69.00 a month fee so your free $200 is eaten up pretty fast.

Did I miss something?

That's better than $1100 RT which is what it would have been. And you don't have to get the credit card...
Wicked Good Ag
Straight Talk said:

Did I miss something?
That is an annual fee not monthly i think
Straight Talk
AG
BSD, that fare was just raised before this big sale. Then discounted. Kind of uncool. Don't get me wrong I actually like and use SWA but this is not a monster deal. That's my opinion.

So after your annual fee you save $131.00 not $200.
maroon10
AG
Didn't book fast enough, flights to Turks end of October were 300 and those fares are long gone now.
CDub06
AG
Got some good fares.

RT to MSP @ $167

RT to BOI @ $255

Both were legit deals. No funny business there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.