Rome and Italy

6,924 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiedata
Here4Beer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hincemm said:

I don't know that I would bother with Nice. If you're in that part of Italy, I would do cinque terre or Monaco.

This. Nice is not that great.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Yeah, it just sounds Nice.
aggiedata
AG
My nephew will be in Nice for A&M study abroad program and we are going to see him. We are avoiding Monoco during the Grand Prix.
Hincemm
AG
Fair enough. We were there just before covid so I can't help. Hope you enjoy your time there.
RAB87
AG
Wife and I did a Tauck tour for our 30th anniversary. I'm not usually a fan of tours but this was exceptional. Pricey but well worth it.
mnuge
AG
For anyone who's been recently...how strict are the restrictions with COVID?

Have seen 72 test requirement and have heard masks are required....still a thing?
bthotugigem05
AG
72 hour test if it's PCR, if it's antigen it's within 24 hours of your arrival to Italy. In Tuscany right now, mask adherence and vax card checks are pretty consistent.
bthotugigem05
AG
Rome is just freaking lovely right now.

aggiedata
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

72 hour test if it's PCR, if it's antigen it's within 24 hours of your arrival to Italy. In Tuscany right now, mask adherence and vax card checks are pretty consistent.

Did you find they need a digital vax card?
bthotugigem05
AG
If you show them your CDC card it's fine.
aggiejumper
AG
Do they really require an N95 or equivalent everywhere or can any mask work?
BucketofBalls99
Looking at going next year….how much should I expect to pay for a family of 5, for probably like 8-10 days? I know this is a vague question because there are so many variables, but basically just trying to get a feel for the flights and a nice place to stay. Won't necessarily be cutting corners everywhere, and we definitely aren't 5-star either, lol. Just trying to get a gauge and starting point of what I would be possibly staring at….$10K? More? Less?
bthotugigem05
AG
It needs to look like an N95. The Vatican museum wouldn't let me in with the typical "American" blue one, had to go buy a "proper" one for a euro. Other places didn't seem to care as long as it wasn't a cloth mask.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Just airfare is $5000. So another 10 days with hotels/airbnb ($300/night), transportation (cheap to $1000/day for five people), tours (free to pricey), and food ($200-$$$$), I would not expect to spend less than $10k and probably more like $15k for the full ten days.
The Milkman
AG
Just bought our flights for 8 days in May! Wife and I have never been. Very excited to get this planned and on the books even if just 75 days out.
The Milkman
AG
Anyone have recommendations on Tuscany? We're looking to spend maybe 2 days out in the country outside of Florence and just eat/drink.
bthotugigem05
AG
I stayed at Agriturismo Il Macchione outside of Pienza and it was just beautiful.

bthotugigem05
AG
My full report: https://andystravelblog.com/2022/03/03/weekend-trip-tuscany-rome/
aggiedata
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

My full report: https://andystravelblog.com/2022/03/03/weekend-trip-tuscany-rome/

Very nice. We are there May 15 for a week. Flying into Milan and ending up outside of Sienna. This will help!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.