Passport Expiditing

2,086 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maddiedou
cwsaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had planned a trip, but with COVID going on hadn't realized the passports needed to be renewed. I sent them in late May, but the State Department is indicating I may not receive my expedited request back until after I need to depart in 2 weeks.

Any tips or inroads to get an Appointment in Houston or other locations? Other ideas?

Thanks In advance.
breezecustomtravel
AG
There was just another thread on this not too long ago but I would definitely look into contacting Senator Ted Cruz office - there is an entire section on obtaining a passport on his office's website. You have to fill out a few forms and provide your travel documentation.

I had a client in a similar situation and his office was able to find the application and get it processed and mailed out within a day or two.

I know a few that have been able to get an appointment with the Houston passport office but most are telling me now that you can't even get an appointment unless you are traveling within 3 days.

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
JMac03
AG
Look up the congressman (women) in your district. My best friend/client contacted two different ones - and they actually told her they needed to call someone in our district - she did and they shipped the next day.

Just Google to find out who is your representative, then Google their name and passport. Usually they have a link on their page. I sent clients in Wisconsin their personal today.
cwsaggie
AG
Thanks all - I submitted a request with Dan Crenshaw's office (my congressman) today.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I just went through this. State department received it 4/29 and I had it back two weeks ago. I paid the expedited fee... pretty impressive turnaround.
maddiedou
AG
Yeah well we also did the expedited and we are still waiting from april What a waste of money

We are now suppose to leave on the 23 but again no passports I will have wife email cruz with a donation
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
You may have already checked but passportstatus.state.gov
posts updates and I checked this morning(have been checking everyday since last week of May) and ours finally say "approved" and gave me a date of receipt on or around 6/17/21.

My 4 kids all got their renewals back on 6/7/21not sure why our renewals took so long just glad they are finally on the way.
maddiedou
OrdAg89
AG
I will reiterate that you should call Senator Cruz's office. His office helped me last summer. I sent in my paperwork and it was sent back to me. I had to overnight my information to the passport address in Irving Texas i believe. At any rate, I received confirmation the next day they had it. That is when I called his office and they were able to pull up the information. This all happened within 8 days of travel. My passport showed up in the via express mail the day before I left.
aggiebrad94
AG
An office mate realized his passport was expired and started his adventure in May.

He's tried Cruz's office, expedited service, etc.

He found a Facebook page where people were posting horror stories and tips. On that site he found a number and code to call and speak directly with a person in the passport office. He also had a guy contact him and offer to get him an in-person, local passport office appointment for $300.

Because his trip is this weekend, he paid it and has an appointment tomorrow morning. Shady deal all around but the phone rep was able to verify he was on the schedule for an appointment.
cwsaggie
AG
My wife ultimately got an appointment by checking the appointment site relentlessly. Cruz and Crenshaw's offices have not been overly helpful. Cruz's office told me you'd have to have paid for expediting and had your passport held up 10 weeks before they can intervene due to all the stress in the system.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Had to get passports for my two young kids. Got both back in under 3 weeks.
cwsaggie
AG
I hear kids passports are being sent somewhere other than the New Hampshire center where there is a bigger log jam.
YouBet
AG
At one point, there were 3 same day expedited passport sites in the US. One of those is in Dallas. I had to use it once. You will be in downtown all day so plan accordingly. I brought a book and read in the park out front while I waited.

So, worst case you could potentially make Appt at Dallas office and get it done same day. Have no idea if they are taking appointments.
JMac03
AG
There is a group on FB where people sell the appointments. Apparently it's a decent money maker...
Z100
AG
You are in Houston, correct? Contact Cliff Spencer with Cliffs Passport Service. seven one three 870-0078.
He can get your passport needs solved quickly. I got mine from him in under 1 week. He does all the work and brings the required paperwork to you.
maddiedou
AG
Dont know if this is one of the many persons that my wife contacted but she said some of them were 500.00 per passport to get it within the week

That would have been another 3000 for us
maddiedou
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.