Sneaking Boozeon Cruise Ship!

3,821 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jejdag
Straight Talk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok frequent cruises, how is it done nowadays?

Ha ha, boozeon! Title fail.
48secDunk
AG
Haven't done a cruise in 5 years, but the last time we went we brought a 24 pack of water. We took some of the bottles out beforehand, keeping the wrapping on the box. Dumped the water, and then filled it with vodka/rum. Then put the bottles back in the middle of the packaging. They didn't even look.

We tried an empty hair spray bottle, but even after it had been cleaned and washed out there was still an odor.
TXTransplant
I thought most of them allow alcohol now, they just limit the amount one person can bring. At least that's how the cruise line we sailed with did it.
Mathguy64
AG
Most cruise lines are so eager for passengers on future bookings they are giving booze packages away for free.
Straight Talk
AG
Math guy, that doesn't seem to be the case for Carnival.
AggieOO
i can't stand cruises, however, i have let one of my friends borrow my bottle corker from homebrewing. He drinks his bottle of wine at home, rinses and fills with his alcohol of choice and the corks with a brand new cork. Last time he was able to bring his two bottles of "wine" for free.
scoodogg
AG
Recorked wine bottle method.
DiskoTroop
We bought the cheapest box of wine you can find and laid it up on top of the luggage, dead middle, in the open, then hid lots of flasks of whiskey all throughout the bag.

They opened it, saw the box of wine, took it, closed it back up.

Got all my whiskey.

That was before I regressed you a ~1-2 drinks a day guy. Now I just buy them.
AggieZUUL
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

We bought the cheapest box of wine you can find and laid it up on top of the luggage, dead middle, in the open, then hid lots of flasks of whiskey all throughout the bag.

They opened it, saw the box of wine, took it, closed it back up.

Got all my whiskey.

That was before I regressed you a ~1-2 drinks a day guy. Now I just buy them.

Clever.
AggieZUUL
AG
10 years ago, Holland America (my grandmother took the family on a cruise - 10 of us) allowed all the wine and champagne you could carry on yourself. It could not be in luggage. So we did what seemed logical, empty out some red wine bottles, fill them with hard stuff, recork/resealed them as to look unopened, left a few real bottles of wine and champagne.. but i must have been carrying 30 pounds of liquid in a cardboard box which is fine for 100 yds or so, but then you find out the stateroom is at the far end of the ship, 5 decks up and it becomes painful.

I've also paid for the liquor package, which is nice... but unless you're a heavy drinker, the cost-benefit isn't there. We did the math and it made sense if we had 10-12 drinks a day. Psychologically, the drink package is good because you lock in exactly how much you'll spend ahead of time.

FbgTxAg
AG
AggieZUUL said:

10 years ago, Holland America (my grandmother took the family on a cruise - 10 of us) allowed all the wine and champagne you could carry on yourself. It could not be in luggage. So we did what seemed logical, empty out some red wine bottles, fill them with hard stuff, recork/resealed them as to look unopened, left a few real bottles of wine and champagne.. but i must have been carrying 30 pounds of liquid in a cardboard box which is fine for 100 yds or so, but then you find out the stateroom is at the far end of the ship, 5 decks up and it becomes painful.

I've also paid for the liquor package, which is nice... but unless you're a heavy drinker, the cost-benefit isn't there. We did the math and it made sense if we had 10-12 drinks a day. Psychologically, the drink package is good because you lock in exactly how much you'll spend ahead of time.

Back in the old-days (2018-2020) I worked as a shipboard Entertainment Director for Holland America. I have issues with quite a lot of what HAL does (or doesn't do) entertainment-wise, but they would give 3 stripe officers like myself a couple hundred bucks a week in credit at all guest bars - the rationale was that they knew guests liked to chat with officers at the bars and we were to buy guests a drink (and ourselves) and mingle.

And we could bring up to a liter of spirits aboard every time we got back on the ship (from daily port calls).

Those were the days....

Anyway, the rules vary from cruise line to cruise line - and in the post-Covid age I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I'm afraid you're gonna find the "new normal" on cruises to be quite unpleasant and absurd, but hopefully you will enjoy it nevertheless.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Ginormus Ag
AG
Cargo pants with deep pockets and rum runner flasks from Amazon in each pocket is how I got booze on the Disney cruise.
Post removed:
by user
Independence H-D
Step 1. Buy 2 bottles of Noah's Mill bourbon.

Step 2. Get exacto knife.

Step 3. Trim labels in the three areas that mention "Proof", "Bourbon" and Whiskey.

Stuff looks just like wine. I've never had an issue bringing it on.

Sponsor Message: Experience Our Name, Independence Harley-Davidson | The Party
Guppy91
AG
My pro buddies use iv bags and / or colostomy bags. Fill them up in your port of departure the night before and check them with luggage.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
Guppy91 said:

My pro buddies use iv bags and / or colostomy bags. Fill them up in your port of departure the night before and check them with luggage.
No ****?
jejdag
Guppy91 said:

That's the way we did it on my one and only cruise. We went for a trip to celebrate an anniversary and found that neither one of us cares for cruises (don't like all-inclusives either). That said, I do want to do an Alaskan cruise and also a river cruise in Europe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.