Travel or Specialty Medical Insurance and Covid Travel?

392 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by lil99chris
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I was starting to think about a trip to Central America or the Caribbean to go diving. We have DAN medical coverage that covers dive related medical incidents and other issues surround travel problems involving medical issues. We also typically buy travel insurance when we travel during hurricane season. I was thinking about the scenario of going somewhere outside the US, then testing positive for Covid prior to a return flight, and having to stay in a foreign country for some indefinite time until you can test negative again. Anybody have any thoughts or insight into whether the cost of staying there would be covered as a "travel interruption" on typical travel insurance or as a "medical related travel cost" on DAN's coverage?
JMac03
AG
It is considered Travel Interruption, however that is usually limited to 5 days at like $200 a day. You will need to call individual suppliers. The ones I know support it (but with an extra fee)

RoamRight with Platinum Upgrade
Allianz - not sure which package includes this
Travel Insured - not sure which add-on it is off the top of my head.

I mostly use Travel Insured - but I do know RoamRight Platinum upgrade I think doubles it to $400 a day - not sure how much further past 5 days it does.
lil99chris
AG
I also recommend (and sell) Travel Insured. Best option available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.