Anyone been to Cheyenne Frontier Days?

641 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agdaddy04
313-7-12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If so, what are some tips and advice you can share with a potential first timer?
The Lost
313-7-12thMan said:

If so, what are some tips and advice you can share with a potential first timer?
Are you driving up from denver/fort collins for a day or going to be there a while?
313-7-12thMan
If we go it will be for the week. Would like to mix in a couple days to see Rushmore, Badlands, etc.
stubby93ag
AG
Haven't been to Frontier Days, but have been to Cheyenne a couple of times to visit a family member stationed at the AF base there. If you like outdoors stuff, head towards Laramie and visit Vedauwoo for some cool rock formations and rock climbing if that is something you like. There are a number of fairly easy trails as well. Head through Laramie and go to Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest if you like hiking. There are a number of fairly easy trails and Medicine Bow Peak tops out at 12k. Even if not a hiker, it's a nice drive.

I remember eating at a place in Cheyenne called Wyoming Rib & Chop House that I thought was pretty good.

If you go to Mt Rushmore, be sure to drive the Needles Highway in Custer State Park. Sylvan Lake is pretty cool too. Badlands is really unique. I thought Rushmore and Devil's Tower were kinda 'meh' (may be partly due to the crowds), but something I wanted to see with my own eyes.

I know this doesn't help with your Frontier Days question, but maybe it helps in finding other things to do!
agdaddy04
AG
We're planning on driving up from Denver this year. We have some neighbors that had been 3 years in a row before last year was cancelled. They've told us good things. I saw the Garth Brooks show sold out in less than an hour.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.