Small Team Corporate Retreat Ideas

766 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by YouBet
aezmvp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My team of 10-15 people is going through an absolutely crazy year and we are going to do a retreat later in the year either early August or Late October 3-4 days.

Looking for getaway ideas outside of Texas with some things to do. We will need at least some limited conference space (obviously not huge for 10-15 people).

Larger corporate all hands meeting is in Vegas so that's out.

Ideas so far include Diplomat Hotel in Miami and Del Coronado in San Diego but I thought this board could crowd source some awesome ideas. I'm not sure we can get Hawaii so let's keep it in the lower 48.

Thanks everyone!
schmendeler
AG
october is the "warm" time usually for San Francisco if you like the bay area. New Orleans?
a.froman
AG
Early August, I would look at Chicago or Boston especially if you have some people that like baseball. Those cities also have great restaurants for groups like that. If you have a group of golfers maybe Scottsdale In October. Another option would be Nashville for nightlife and music.
Potcake
AG
I would suggest Palm Springs. There are several boutique hotels that you might be able to reserve the entire place. Golfing, hiking, eating and fairly easy to get to.
Always_Right
AG
A nice golf resort would be great.
Phat32
AG
Vail/BC is commonly used for this and will likely have deals
akaggie05
AG
JW Marriott Starr Pass - Tucson

YWIA
HollywoodBQ
AG
Early August, I recommend Miami. Hotels are cheap because it's hot.
Late October, I recommend San Francisco. Be sure to check into the Folsom Street Fair.

Or just head to San Juan, PR.
beachfront71
AG
Santa Barbara would be a great spot and SW just started flying there this week.
Meritage in Napa is a good spot for corporate events and reasonably priced..

Hotel Del is under a massive reno project until July which probably means Aug or Sept in real life..
murphyag
AG
Santa Barbara would be great for either of your timeframes. I've never been to a corporate retreat there, but have visited many times. Gorgeous place.

Palm Springs- Been to many corporate retreats, professional development conferences here. Have also gone on trips with friends and family. Nice town.

I wouldn't do Arizona in August. Too hot. Inlaws lived in Scottsdale for a few years. Great place to visit in the winter and spring.

Broadmoor in Colorado Springs would be a great place for a corporate retreat. By mid-August most of the families vacationing will be gone.

Charleston could also be a good option. Lots of sightseeing to do and can also have beach time at nearby beaches.

archangelus2
AG
I went to a smaller conference at mohunk mountain resort in new York that i thought was awesome and i could see it working well for a team retreat.
YouBet
AG
murphyag said:

Santa Barbara would be great for either of your timeframes. I've never been to a corporate retreat there, but have visited many times. Gorgeous place.

Palm Springs- Been to many corporate retreats, professional development conferences here. Have also gone on trips with friends and family. Nice town.

I wouldn't do Arizona in August. Too hot. Inlaws lived in Scottsdale for a few years. Great place to visit in the winter and spring.

Broadmoor in Colorado Springs would be a great place for a corporate retreat. By mid-August most of the families vacationing will be gone.

Charleston could also be a good option. Lots of sightseeing to do and can also have beach time at nearby beaches.

Broadmoor could be good for this. And SWA flies there now as well. Quick flight from Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.