Cozumel

1,843 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JMac03
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody been recently? Looking at going in June and staying a week in an all inclusive, top of the line place.
JMac03
AG
I had clients go in March and had a great time.

Top of the line in Cozumel will not equal top of the line in Cancun/Riviera Maya. For whatever reasons, the resorts there just seem to be a step below. Your higher end will be Secrets Aura and Cozumel Palace. CP does not have a natural beach, it is manmade. You go down some steps to get into the water and it is a little rocky.
Old Ag 74
AG
By far, the best place in Cozumel is the Intercontinental Presidente. Beautiful hotel, but expensive, and not an all inclusive, so everything else is extra. Food and drinks are like Hawaii prices (i.e. $30 each for the breakfast buffet) and dinner even more. Stayed there a couple of times and it is great, but be prepared for some sticker shock.

I have thought about going back and trying a small hotel called Playa Azul. We stopped at their pier a few years ago to pick up some people on an excursion and it looked pretty nice and gets good reviews on TripAdvisor.
JMac03
AG
Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind. I mostly only know all-inclusives since that is 90% of what I do.
seele98
Our family of 5 (kids 14, 11, & 9) just did Cozumel for Spring Break. One of our favorite vacations ever. Stayed at the Intercontinental Presidente and it was wonderful but not all inclusive. Not being all inclusive allowed us to get off the resort and explore more of the island (downtown, other restaurants, Chankanaab park, San Gervasio ruins, drove the whole island, Mr. Sancho's beach club). Water in Cozumel was amazing and boats picked us up directly at hotel for all snorkeling / diving excursions. We just shopped at Mega and picked up our own stuff to avoid the over priced breakfast buffet. Highly advise everyone to visit Cozumel before cruising starts back up. Resorts and all over the island were low crowds and very appreciative of all dollars. My wife and kids want to know when we can go back.
austinrb10
AG
I'm not a fan of Playa Azul. We've stayed a few times for another couple that makes this place their annual trip together. I'd call it a 3 star at best. Rooms are simple, bathrooms simpler, and beds decent. There isn't a real beach. It is man made, but elevated with retaining wall. You have to take steps into the water where it's fairly rocky. Food is ok, but staying there the expectation is to eat everywhere else with exception to their breakfast buffet which is decent. Drinks etc are not all inclusive, but are moderately priced.
Old Ag 74
AG
Thanks for the info on Playa Azul. Never stayed there so didn't really know what the rooms looked like.
bdgol07
AG
My dad lives there. What do you want to know?
B-1 83
AG
Ended up at Secrets Aura Cozumel. Anybody stayed there?
JMac03
AG
I had 2 couples stay there in February and had nothing but good things to say.
Seabreeze
So no Covid test to get into Mexico, but one (which is provided ar most resorts now) to get back in to the US? Am I understanding this right while looking at places?
JMac03
AG
Seabreeze said:

So no Covid test to get into Mexico, but one (which is provided ar most resorts now) to get back in to the US? Am I understanding this right while looking at places?
Correct. Must test to come home.
Seabreeze
Thanks J
B-1 83
AG
JMac03 said:

Seabreeze said:

I'm vaccinated, wormed, and ear tagged.
JMac03
AG
B-1 83 said:

JMac03 said:

Seabreeze said:

I'm vaccinated, wormed, and ear tagged.
Doesn't matter. At this time the CDC still requires you to test to come home (hoping this will change). The only way to get out of the test is if you have recently had COVID and your doctor signs a document that you had covid less than 3 months ago and you are clear to travel.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.