Need Florida beach resort recommendations

1,423 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by murphyag
dead zip 01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to take the family to resort in Florida towards the end of the summer. Would prefer a smaller type resort with good beach access, nice pools, good bar,Etc..

Would prefer something more "tropical" than the typical Florida panhandle beaches. Looking to stay away from the really dense areas with high rise condos and would like to avoid the Miami area also.

My first thoughts are places like Sanibel, Captiva, Anywhere in The Keys.

I have 3 elementary age kids so would need it to be a family friendly place.

Thanks
gindaloon
AG
Scratch Keys off your list if good beach access is important.
Al Bula
AG
Marco Island is very family friendly and there are several beachfront hotels and condo rentals. They are more mid-rise and not mega sky scrapers like other parts of FL. Also extremely close to excellent fishing.
Ag CPA
AG
Look at the Ritz in Naples (Vanderbilt Beach) or some of the developments around it.
malenurse
AG
Spent a week on Marco Island last October. Would highly recommend it for families. Flew into Miami/Ft Lauderdale on SW which was way cheaper than flying into Ft Myers. Little over 2 hour drive to Marco Island. Beautiful beaches and lots of activities for young and olds.
CBarrett12
AG
Just got back from Marco island a few weeks ago with a 2 & 6 year old and will now likely not return to Destin/panhandle area again. This will be our go to. We flew into Ft. Myers and had ~hour drive in the rental car. Great restaurants and beaches
murphyag
AG
We own vacation condos on Sanibel and Islamorada.
I'd probably avoid Sanibel and Captiva this summer as it looks like there there will be significant releases from Lake O and from the Caloosahatchee River and that always leads to Red Tide issues. My friends who live their full time told me they've been hearing it's going to be a bad summer for it.

Marco Island never gets it near as bad as Sanibel, Captiva, Ft. Myers area. So, I'd probably go there or Islamorada. Islamorada will have zero issues with red tide from the river releases. Lots to do on Islamorada The water there is great. There isngood snorkeling there. There's a nearby Turtle Sanctuary and Dolphin Research Center about 30 minutes away. My kids always love going there. Key West is a good day trip. Lots of fun restaurants in Islamorada.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.