Half Day in Everglades NP - Shark Valley bike/tram or Ernest Coe/Flamingo?

595 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BSD
Post removed:
by user
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the coolest "hikes" I've done was the Anhinga trail one morning. Gators were everywhere and we saw an anhinga spear a fish and eat it. That was in April. Although timing does come it into play. That was the dry season. We went back in October and there were far fewer gators. After the Anhinga trail we went down to Flamingo and did a pontoon boat tour and saw crocodiles, which I thought was pretty cool. So for a half day, I really like that area.

The airboat tours are awesome. We did one on the north side of the park both times and really enjoyed it.
AgRyan04
We went at New Years a couple of years ago.

For my son (10 yo at the time) and myself, the gator airboat tour was hands down our highlight. My wife and daughter could have done without. We did a private tour at dusk....was longer than the group ones so you got deeper into the glades. The gator locations were less predictable for the guide so it was more fun trying to find them.

I'll second the Anhinga Trail....lots of gators. We also went down to Flamingo and saw a croc and some manatees.

There are a bunch of pictures in the National Park thread from various posters
BSD
AG
I enjoyed the airboat tours not for the gators or wildlife, which we saw near the dock, but for the vastness of the park as we got back into the marshy grasslands. It was peaceful to me. We too did the private boat. It's the only way to go.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.