Looking for July Fishing Trip (instead of Canada)

1,125 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jpb1999
Legend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We usually go to a fly in lodge in northern Saskatchewan for Pike and lake trout. I thought travel to Canada would be fine by summer but now I am not so sure. I'm looking for contingency plans.

Does anyone have suggestions for a place in the US where a group of about 15 guys (ages 13 to 75) could go for a fun fishing trip? We prefer lake fishing (only a few know how to fly fish) and usually like to run our own boats (as opposed to having guides in the boat). I am thinking maybe some place in Minnesota or Michigan might be the closest experience to what we have in Canada. Anybody had a good experience with a lodge they like in the US?

I cross posted in outdoor board too.

Thanks.
Wicked Good Ag
Idaho.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
https://www.alaskawilderness.com/

Thank me later:-)
angryocotillo
AG
I did decently well for a first time on Lake Saganaga in Minnesota this summer. We overnighted with canoes but there are several outfitters in the area that have accommodations and reasonably priced boat rentals. We used Voyageur outfitters and were happy with them. We rented a bunkhouse for the night but the have Cabins also.
Legend
AG
Thanks for all the ideas. Weighing the options including just hoping we can go to Canada in July.
alabamaaggie12
AG
www.lodgeatscenicvalley.com

Haven't been there, but an Aggie friend of my daughter's runs this place in Montana.
bobbunker
I'd suggest Venice LA. Options for inshore or offshore. Inshore guides can do 3 per boat easy. I went twice in 2020 due to Canada being closed and probably will go twice in 2021
TRIDENT
AG
bobbunker said:

I'd suggest Venice LA. Options for inshore or offshore. Inshore guides can do 3 per boat easy. I went twice in 2020 due to Canada being closed and probably will go twice in 2021
Hard to beat Venice for catching tons of fish! Heading there next month to fish the February tuna and wahoo run with Captain Eddie Burger.
http://www.fishvenicecharters.com/
alabamaaggie12
AG
woodlandplantation.com Is a great place to stay in the Venice area. Food is top notch and the plantation has a lot of neat history.
ORAggieFan
Fly out to San Diego and do an offshore charter.
jpb1999
AG
TRIDENT said:

bobbunker said:

Hard to beat Venice for catching tons of fish! Heading there next month to fish the February tuna and wahoo run with Captain Eddie Burger.
http://www.fishvenicecharters.com/

Full day or overnight? On full day, how many hours fishing vs traveling? How much do you typically catch? Bad vs good day?

Spane Bohem

alabamaaggie12
AG
Depends on what you want to fish for. Hubs and son fished full day for reds and trout in the brackish flats. Landing bull reds 30+ pounds as fast as they could throw a line in. Lots of keepers too.

Grip N Rip Guide Service...look them up on Facebook.

jpb1999
AG
alabamaaggie12 said:

Depends on what you want to fish for. Hubs and son fished full day for reds and trout in the brackish flats. Landing bull reds 30+ pounds as fast as they could throw a line in. Lots of keepers too.

Grip N Rip Guide Service...look them up on Facebook.

I quoted the post about wahoo and tuna. I'm talking about the offshore trips.

Spane Bohem

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.