Cabo

2,732 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texas Ag Mom
danparker34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know I have seen a post in the past but what are your recommendations for hotels for a 2-3 night stay?
We have been five or six times and prefer not stay in town but also like to be within a 15 minute drive if we want to go into town at night.
- DP '03
CBarrett12
AG
Esperanza is my fav but pricey. Pueblo Bonito on the opposite side of marina/downtown is legit for an AI with multiple eating options, pools, and golf right there.
beachfront71
AG

Chileno Bay is my favorite by far. Same Auberge that runs Esperanza but I think it blows Esperanza away.
Both are great but its a personal preference .. both have good promos on website as well.

If you want to stay at a great place and be able to walk into town .. check out Pedregal although the rates have sort of gone crazy since they moved to the Waldorf brand .. the restaurant there is something special..
JMac03
AG
Le Blanc is my fave. Marquis is supposed to be great too (my visit got canceled because of the hurricane).

For cheaper options - I liked Sandos when I toured it. Not a fan of Riu's.
Sit Down Rando
AG
CBarrett12 said:

Esperanza is my fav but pricey. Pueblo Bonito on the opposite side of marina/downtown is legit for an AI with multiple eating options, pools, and golf right there.

Second vote for Pueblo Bonito. Excellent (!) food and a smaller resort, so not nearly as crowded (although what resorts are 'crowded' right now with COVID?)
breezecustomtravel
AG
Le Blanc is definitely at the top of the list for me and a short drive to town.
For, all-inclusive I like Le Blanc, Marquis, Pueblo Bonito and Grand Fiesta Americana - RIU isn't horrible but it's more of a budget resort.

Will agree with Pedregal - since it became Waldorf Astoria the prices have been outrageous, it's a beautiful hotel though.

I really enjoyed Nobu, The Cape, and Montage - although I personally think Montage is outrageously priced.

Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
Stew
AG
Wife and I stayed at Las Ventanas a few weeks ago and we were really impressed. Drinks were too expensive but otherwise we loved it.
I Am A Critic
My two favorites are Le Blanc and Grand Velas. Can't go wrong with either one.
Username checks out.
2wealfth Man
AG
Quote:

Will agree with Pedregal - since it became Waldorf Astoria the prices have been outrageous, it's a beautiful hotel though.

Go to dinner at El Farallon; that way you can enjoy the resort and see what it is like.
The Silverback
AG
beachfront71 said:

Chileno Bay is my favorite by far. Same Auberge that runs Esperanza but I think it blows Esperanza away.
Both are great but its a personal preference .. both have good promos on website as well.

If you want to stay at a great place and be able to walk into town .. check out Pedregal although the rates have sort of gone crazy since they moved to the Waldorf brand .. the restaurant there is something special..
This.

However we just cancelled a trip to Cabo due to the new CDC guidelines requiring a negative test 72 hours before coming back to the US. With work and kid obligations our group decided it was not worth the risk.
CoppellAg93
AG
JMac03 said:

Le Blanc is my fave. Marquis is supposed to be great too (my visit got canceled because of the hurricane).

For cheaper options - I liked Sandos when I toured it. Not a fan of Riu's.
My wife and I are leaning towards Marquis for our 20th anniversary in May.

For those who have been - the pictures make it look like the water on the beach in swimmable - is it ?
breezecustomtravel
AG
The beach is not swimmable right in front of the resort. There is service and beach chairs on the beach though.

You can walk a ways down to a cove area that is swimmable but it is a public area that will have vendors and such.
Lauren K '07
www.breezecustomtravel.com
@breezecustomtravel
CoppellAg93
AG
Thanks !
beachfront71
AG
The Silverback said:

beachfront71 said:

This.

However we just cancelled a trip to Cabo due to the new CDC guidelines requiring a negative test 72 hours before coming back to the US. With work and kid obligations our group decided it was not worth the risk.

I was just on the phone with my auberge contact about this yesterday as we have plans in Feb and March.. US only requires the rapid test (canada has to be PCR) and its done at the hotel for $50 with 20 minute results... they will also take you to the American Hospital if you want the PCR test ..

We are going with another couple and kids staying with grandparents but I could see how a group setting might make things a bit tougher ..
The Silverback
AG
Beach....have you seen anything stating repercussions if someone in your group tests positive? Wondering how long you would be stuck down there until they let you go back to states?
beachfront71
AG
The Silverback said:

Beach....have you seen anything stating repercussions if someone in your group tests positive? Wondering how long you would be stuck down there until they let you go back to states?
14 days or a negative test. They offer special extended rates if this happens as the hotels are at 50% capacity down there and have the room .. this also includes private jets so no sneaking home..

I have had a ton of friends head down to cabo and punta mita with no probs but I am checking on med jet plans just in case as my dad uses it and i dont think its too expensive..
ORAggieFan
2wealfth Man said:

Quote:

Go to dinner at El Farallon; that way you can enjoy the resort and see what it is like.

Just ate there last night. Amazing property. We are staying at the Viceroy and having a great time.
Texas Ag Mom
Howdy Coppell neighbor. Our favorite property in Cabo is the Villas la Estancia. The beach is swimmable most of the time but you still have to use caution. It is not AI but there are so many fabulous bars/restaurants in town. One of our all time favorite destinations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.