Seriously considering French Open this year.

1,545 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Danger Mouse
Dr.Rumack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone been to France recently?
Dr.Rumack
Fast forward almost two years. We've got tickets and are going at least to the semi-finals!
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
Congrats! Such a fun event maybe you'll get to see the king of clay himself.
VikingNik
AG
Definitely a bucket list thing for me and the Mrs.
Schall 02
AG
When is the tourney?
Kool
AG
On my bucket list as well. Are you using a service to purchase your tickets, or are you buying them on the open market??
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dr.Rumack
Used a service for one day of semi-finals and then going to try for some others when they go on sale. We just wanted to be absolutely sure we had some. Not going to finals so that we can make it home.
Kool
AG
Which service??
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Danger Mouse
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

Used a service for one day of semi-finals and then going to try for some others when they go on sale. We just wanted to be absolutely sure we had some. Not going to finals so that we can make it home.
I hope you had a fantastic time.

Went to the opening matches on center court of Roland Garros in 2009. One of the more memorial of many trips abroad.

How I was able to go was pretty cool. During the weekday leading to the opening matches I was in line to purchase tickets. Unfortunately, after waiting in line for an hour and at the moment I was next in line to purchase tickets, the ticket booths closed. I walked away and stated my frustration (in English), only to be overheard by an expat American (who had resided in France since the 70s) who had just picked up her ticket allotment. She asked if I wanted to purchase a ticket and I quickly said yes.

I met her Saturday morning and low and behold, she brings a picnic basket with food and wine for us while we watched the matches. We had a great time, and still keep in touch.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Dr.Rumack
At the airport headed to London to take the train to Paris. Tickets for both semis!
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sounds like an awesome trip.
Danger Mouse
AG
Awesome deal!!!!!
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.