Garner State Park

1,347 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Barnyard96
Barnyard96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was fortunate to stumble across 2 RV sites over Memorial Day Weekend. This will be my first trip to Garner. Staying in the Rio Frio loop.

There will be 4 adults and kids ages 10 and up.

Any comments or tips?
HollywoodBQ
AG
My cousins have been going there for 40+ years and they absolutely love it. Seriously, they go there every year. In fact, it's the only place they go that ain't "The Deer Lease".

I've been to like 40 countries but I've never been to Garner State Park. It's on my list of things I'd like to try.
EDIT: 41 if you count "West Germany"
lazuras_dc
AG
Went this past year and liked it so much we can made a reservation for my daughters bday upcoming this March.

We really liked the pecan grove camping area and river access there. Hiking old baldy was fun and had the best views there. We also did bridges which was decent and crystal cave which was the worst of the three. You can probably do all the trails in a day if you wanted to.

It's a beautiful area. Have fun !
2wealfth Man
AG
Would also recommend a day trip for hiking to Lost Maples State Park while there. May be the most natural and peaceful place in Texas I have been.
Barnyard96
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Would also recommend a day trip for hiking to Lost Maples State Park while there. May be the most natural and peaceful place in Texas I have been.
Spending one night there in March on the way to Davis Mountains.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.