Marco Island

2,241 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lawless89
agdoc84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staying at the JW Marriot any recommendations? Dinner or activities. thanks
CBarrett12
AG
When? No help but we are going as well mid-March so following for info.
JustPanda
AG
Oyster Society and get a boat for the 10,000 islands
agdoc84
We are going the first week of March and I have reservations at the Oyster Society. Anything else?
thanks
encinoag
AG
Just canceled Puerto Vallarta and rebooked to Marco Is. due to new cdc requirements for reentery. Never visited here. Also looking for recommendations. Already booked Oyster Society. Thanks
Propel Ag
AG
I just booked PV and now thinking of changing too. Sucks
TX04Aggie
AG
Im going to PV again this week, but flying back Monday the day before this kicks in. Marco is great, if you have time old town/downtown Naples is a nice evening out too
ta ta toothy
AG
What would advice on a place to stay for a family of 6 with kids 2-17yrs? Looking at VRBO for house on the beach but looks like the prime beach front is all hotels.
malenurse
AG
Spent a week on Marco Island in December.

Activities
Take a cruise to 10,000 Islands area. We used Capt Ron's. You will see all aquatic and feathered wildlife
Swamp Buggy and airboat tours in Everglades
Go to Tigertail Beach. You park then have to hike and wade to very private and pristine white sand beach
Naples Botanical Gardens - wife is a Master Gardener and even I enjoyed this place

Food
We stayed in a condo and fixed most of our meals. However, I strongly recommend:
Joey's Pizza and Pasta
Capri Fish House - go in the evening and watch the sun set. Sort of a dive bar look but great food.
Pelican Bend - next door to Capri, more of a family dining feel, but great seafood

BoDog
AG
has anyone stayed at the JW Marco recently? I am getting mixed reviews....
JustPanda
AG
I prefer the Hilton. It was renovated 2 years ago.
streetfighter2012
AG
Stayed at the JW right before covid hit last year for a work conference. My wife and I ended up staying on the 21+ side and really liked that. Those rooms included a pretty decent breakfast at the restaurant terrace on that side of the hotel and some other perks. Lunch and dinner were typical hotel buffet with the conference. We didn't use the pool at all, and the beach was nice for walking and getting our feet wet.
lawless89
Went in February of 2020 and hotel was nice, beach was nice, but town was a ghost town. The best place we found to eat/hang out was the Snook Inn. I'd recommend going there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.