Seattle Recs

930 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by VikingNik
jakelew04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just booked flights for a family trip to the pacific NW in June. Will start off with two nights in Seattle, so really just have one full day there to explore before moving on. Any recs on hotel and things to do for our only full day in town?

We will be doing outdoorsy stuff the rest of the trip, so looking to spend the day in the city. Will be myself, wife and two boys (6 & 10).

Thanks
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Assuming it's open, a visit to the Boeing factory and tour would be fun with your boys. You can take the tour and go to the Boeing museum afterward and hopefully see some planes flying from the sky deck. If you want to stay closer to the city, there's also the Museum of Flight south of Seattle. A Mariners or Sounders game would be fun too.
BSD
AG
I hear the Chaz district is nice that time of year.
Caladan
We stayed at the Motif hotel in downtown, and we were happy with the hotel itself, and the location. Very easy to walk to most things you would want to see in downtown Seattle, except maybe the Needle.
a.froman
AG
Museum of Pop culture is pretty cool. It is right at the Space Needle. Check the exhibits but should have some cool stuff for boys that age to look at. Even have great Nirvana and Hendrix memorabilia for us old guys.
chick79
AG
Drinks at Lowell's and dinner or lunch at Steelhead Diner. Get the chowder! Both are in Pikes Place Market. Beware of the homeless though.
chick79
AG
I don't know if Vancouver is on your list but you definitely need to go there! One of my favorite cities in North America.
jakelew04
AG
chick79 said:

I don't know if Vancouver is on your list but you definitely need to go there! One of my favorite cities in North America.
Vancouver is very high on my list of places to get to one day, but not on this trip unfortunately. I have family in Oregon, so we are starting in Seattle and heading south.

Motif Hotel looked like a good fit, so booked that. Zero cancellation fee, so still open to other suggestions.

Thanks for the other recs so far, keep them coming.
a.froman
AG
They have a duck boat tour that could be fun for kids. Drive around town and then get into the large lake just outside of downtown. They show you the houseboat from Sleepless in Seattle
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

They have a duck boat tour that could be fun for kids.
These never opened back up in Seattle after the fatal crash in 2015. When I lived in Seattle, this was a must for all visitors that came in to town.
VikingNik
AG
Pikes Place obviously and Seattle center (space needle area) good playground there. Take the ferry to bainbridge island and back perhaps. Will depend on what is open by this summer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.