Christmas 2021 Smokey Mountains

934 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by kwammer
rrose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any recommendations for a Smokey Mountain Christmas trip next year?
Places to stay, things to do...
Tex_Ag_2017
AG
My wife and I went in Spring of 2017 so I'm not sure how the weather will correlate but there was still a lot of snow and it even snowed while we were there. Some roads and trails in the park may be closed. We actually found a groupon for a cabin to stay in. The trees were so tall and thick. It was very private. Maybe 1/8-1/4 mile away from other homes. I think Sevierville is a great town to stay in. Still somewhat close to Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. It's a very very very touristy place. Once you roll into any town around, it's got attractions and helicopter rides, etc. We didn't care for that stuff and would just drive around in the country parts. It truly is a "hill country" Little homes and farms tucked away in the hills surrounded by tall pine trees.
kwammer
Gatlinburg Falls Resort has a ton of cabin rentals of all sizes, most with hot tubs on the back patio and great views.

I will say I've only been in the late spring and Fall, so I have not had to really concern myself with snow/ice. Some of the cabins are up relatively steep roads in the resort, so might check to make sure the resort is helping clear those.

If the weather allows, I can not recommend ziplining in the area enough.
CLIMBWorks is fantastic and would be my choice.
Also really like FOXFire Mountain.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.