Any recommendations on a cabin in the Ozarks

3,841 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rich1
tmaggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a cabin for a special Anniversary in mid December. Prefer a view with a outside hot tub if possible. Thanks for any suggestions Ags!
Caladan
You might check the Arkansas State Parks website. Some of their parks have cabins, some are pretty nice.

Devil's Den SP is supposed to be a very nice park. You might start there.
bufrilla
AG
Check the Mtn Magazine St Park. Has a nice lodge (about 5 years old), all rooms open to the valley from the Mtn top. Also has about a dozens 2/3 bedroom cabins. Been there several times and very nice. Very good restaurant.
Potcake
AG
There is this one fishing lodge run by a guy from Chicago.
Scotts Tot
AG
We stayed in a cabin outside Ponca several years back. Beautiful area, and had a great view from our porch. I think there are a few operators with cabins in the area that a quick google search will turn up.
Barnyard96
AG
FlyFisher09 said:

We stayed in a cabin outside Ponca several years back. Beautiful area, and had a great view from our porch. I think there are a few operators with cabins in the area that a quick google search will turn up.
www.buffaloriver.com

scott06
AG
Not in the Ozarks, but I just built a couples cabin in Broken Bow, OK and started renting it at the end of October.
You can find it on facebook at Pretty in the Pines cabin - Broken Bow or on VRBO by searching property# 2066500. Also just started an instagram page for it @prettyinthepinescabin
tmaggies
AG
Stayed in a cool Tee Pee outside Hot Springs first night and spend the other nights at the lodge and a cabin in Magazine State Park. Lodge and cabin were very nice and Texas could take some lessons on their State Parks! Thanks for the suggestions.
wonderhill
AG
Nice looking place Scott06! May have take take my bride there sometime.
scott06
AG
Thanks wonderhill! Maybe I can throw a little Aggie discount your way!
BClark
AG
Place looks amazing. Adding to the list for future weekend with the wife.

Is this your first place up there? We have talked about buying something up there as an investment property.
k20dub
AG
Just messaged you through VRBO.
10andBOUNCE
AG
wonderhill said:

Nice looking place Scott06! May have take take my bride there sometime.

Agreed - very nice. Will keep in mind, although may need a Texags discount to get the rate within budget
angryocotillo
AG
I stayed at this cabin with my SO and we were very happy with it. There is no hot tub and its a little pricey for what it is, but the cabin, views, and indoor furnace were awesome in December. It made a great basecamp to do a few day hikes.

Redbud Cabin

?im_w=1200

?im_w=1200
JYDog90
AG
scott06 said:

Not in the Ozarks, but I just built a couples cabin in Broken Bow, OK and started renting it at the end of October.
You can find it on facebook at Pretty in the Pines cabin - Broken Bow or on VRBO by searching property# 2066500. Also just started an instagram page for it @prettyinthepinescabin

Dude. That is beautiful! Nicely done.
Formerly Willy Wonka
deadhead aggie
AG
Resurrecting this thread as I'm planning a visit in March. I looked at a few of the above recommendations, but hoping to get a few more.

Looking for a cabin (2-bedroom minimum) that is somewhat isolated, heavily wooded, and ideally fairly close to water. Bars and restaurants within an hour drive would be good as well.

Never been to the Ozarks, so any insight would be appreciated. Many thanks!
rich1
AG
My wife and I stayed at Scott06's place last summer and it was great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.