Vacation Idea in Canada

1,139 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Crazy Ag 97
Courtesy Flush
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would love the opportunity to rent a house in the mountains in Canada that is on a lake and has a dock with a boat rental. Something that my family and my parents could go stay in the house and drive around to see the scenery as well as doing some fishing in the lake. I would want to go in the summer and some place that was within 3 or 4 hours of an airport that I could fly to directly from Houston.

I am sure these types of places exist but I just thought about this 5 minutes ago and so I haven't done any research yet but I would trust the opinions on TexAgs folks moreso than a travel agency anyway.

Does anybody have any experience any place as I've described above?
FarmerJohn
AG
Canada has a lot more restriction on development than in the United States. Finding lots of lake front rental houses isn't going to be as available as here. I think you have to pick between the dock on a lake or within a couple hours of an airport that's a direct flight from Houston. I can't think of anything in Canmore AB that meets your criteria and then you are in Banff national park, and that's even more restricted. I would recommend looking in the Okanagan valley, maybe West Kelona or near Penticton. I stayed there and it's a very nice area. It's 4-1/2 hours from Vancouver. If you connect through Calgary, it's a single stop layover. It's Canada's wine country too.
FarmerJohn
AG
Hmm, there are more options there than I thought. Hopefully by next summer Americans can get back into Canada.

Skaha Retreat - A beautiful lakefront property awaits you

4 BR Skaha-Lakefront House

$100 a barrel option
aggiebrad94
AG
Am I reading their requirements correctly that you have to present a negative COVID test to get on the plane to Canada and THEN still have to quarantine 14 days?

Thinking about trying to get up there this summer.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Am I reading their requirements correctly that you have to present a negative COVID test to get on the plane to Canada and THEN still have to quarantine 14 days?

Thinking about trying to get up there this summer.

Unfortunately you are reading that correct. And don't forget you also need another negative test while there to return to the US.

I'm supposed to go to Penticton for a week in August for a race, but at this point I'm starting to accept that it's likely not going to happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.