Disney World - Late October 2020 Trip Summary

8 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hincemm
tamc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I took a "last minute" trip this past week to get away. I figured I would share what I saw (sorry for the long write up):

Airports AUS/MCO: Fairly light crowds and easy to check in (SWA), get through security, and gates. Masks were generally worn by all (required in both counties).

Caribbean Beach Resort: decent accommodations / location, but food/drinks is limited (like the rest of the parks). They were about 75% full (per staff) and plenty of young kids running around.

Parks in General: probably 50% full with lots of locals. Masks required. Food was required to be ordered via the mobile app. Dining reservations a must for other places in the parks. While fast passes are not allowed, there was clearly something other than the "normal" disabled, kid swaps, etc going on. We saw several large groups and others be able to bypass (editorial: standing in line was like it was years ago before fast passes...moved fairly quickly and you could hit almost everything - we would arrive late and leave early most days). Since many shows and dining areas are not open, it will seem "crowded" (we were surprised how many folks were there)

Hollywood Studios: Make sure you check park hours, they opened up early one day. Star Wars - you only have 10-20 seconds before it is full. Someone suggested that you also have the Naval Clock up to make sure you are synced...also do not use their WiFi. We did not make it in. Lines were "distanced" so you they moved fairly quick. We found that the ride times quoted were typically 2/3's of what they posted.

Epcot: Same as above.

Animal Kingdom: This was the most crowded park (Friday). The ride times were typically as quoted if not a bit longer.

Disney Springs: Most places were open and they had a decent crowd.

Magic Kingdom: Decent crowd, but plenty of rides open and the queues moved quickly.
Matsui
AG
Thank you for the update!
lil99chris
AG
Disney Springs gets much more crowded on weekends, so keep that in mind if you visit or have a dining reservation.
Hincemm
AG
sounds similar to my experience in july. going back in two weeks. hopefully cooler this time!

did rise of the resistance for the first time in that july trip...holy smokes was it worth it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.