Knoxville Recs

1,764 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TP Ag '87
clamps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading to A&M UT game.

Anyone been to Knox before??

Appreciate it
mel99
AG
The Market Square is a cute area with restaurants and bars.
90 bull
AG
Daughter graduated from there. Her favorite place was Yassin's Falafel House. Market Square has several good places to eat and drink. Tupelo Honey for breakfast is good, but there will be a wait. The tomato head is also in market square and has good sandwiches, etc. preservation Pub is right by there and had a good draft selection. Gus's Good Time Deli right by campus is a local institution.
OilandGasAg2014
AG
Go to Calhoun's on the River. Not the best food but great views and they have a patio overlooking the river. Market square is fun. Yassin Falafel House in Market Square is really good. Great owner. Vols go to Gus's after the game. Have to get cheese bings. Go to Old City. A good bar there is Pour. It's a serve yourself wine and beer bar.
90 bull
AG
A lot of places to drink and eat on Cumberland by campus. Cool Beans had a good beer selection, but was a younger crowd.
ToddyHill
AG
We live 25 minutes from Neyland Stadium. I hope you have a great time visiting Rocky Top. I won't be attending the game as I am taking this season off. .

Market Square is certainly a great place, as is Cumberland Avenue. Regarding Calhoun's, it's not the greatest place but does have great views. Personally, I'd go to Ruth's Chris, which is adjacent to Calhoun's and also on the Tennessee River.
90 bull
AG
My daughter suggested the Downtown Bar and Grill on Gay Street. Also the Hyatt Place downtown has a rooftop bar that has good views
zooguy96
Coupe of good places to eat (IMHO).

- Yassins is alright.
- Jai Dee Thai on campus is good.
- Victors Tacos on campus is a hole in the wall, but good.
- Abuelos is good for chain Mexican food.
- Taste of Thai is good Thai food.
- Double Dogs is a good local chain place.

Nothing comparable to food in Austin, etc. The overall food scene here sucks. You take what you can get.
Ulrich
The craft beer scene is pretty disappointing.
clamps
Well I hate to hear that the food is just meh.... Hopefully I can piece together a few places.

Just go out on Cumberland Av or downtown too?
LeveredAg
AG
Bump.

Going to game when it is rescheduled for the 19th of December. Staying at Hilton Downtown
knoxtom
Albright Grove Brew pub is owned by an old kayaking buddy, Nick Barron. I moved away from Knoxville a long time ago so I haven't been, but he always made great homebrew.

There is an Irish bar named Irish Times over in west knox that is owned by a friend named John. I hung out there a lot. On a game night everyone will go to the bars next to campus or downtown market center. They are all fine, nothing special.

Knoxville is a weird town. People don't support restaurants so none are any good. But if you hook up with the locals there is always a bunch of hillbilly tomfoolery going on. And Dirty south has some pretty great mtb'ing. That town should be so great, but it isn't.

TP Ag '87
AG
Based on some Ag recs on the Luicci board, I've got reservations at Oliver Royale for dinner Friday night. Staying at the Graduate. Drinks at Peter Kern Library also a possibility.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.