Winter RV Camping

1,077 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rkinsey07
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I would like to do a 4-5 night getaway in the travel trailer this winter break. What are some good state parks for the winter or any other good rv trips for winter.

I was looking at potentially driving south (we live in northeast Texas).
JMac03
AG
I can't speak to how it will be in December, but we went to South Padre twice this summer and I LOVED it. The KOA there looks pretty nice and is on the marina side.
Caladan
If you like freshwater fishing, look at Martin Dies State Park in east TX. Many campsites are right on the water. Usually not a busy park, unless a large pack of scouts descend on the place.

If you like saltwater fishing, look at Goose Island S.P., where again many sites are on the water. Also a short drive to Rockport, so you can go out to eat if you like. No beach to speak of, however.

If you like hiking, check out Palo Duro S.P. just south of Amarillo. This park is considered to be the crown jewel of the TX park system. Definitely check weather and park website announcements before you go.

If you like the beach in general, look at Sea Rim S.P., just past Sabine Pass. Only about a dozen or so campsites, so once the day users are gone, there's not a lot of people at all. No shade at the campsites, and no showers either. Bring your own.

hth,
C
rkinsey07
Most state parks are filling up. Make sure and book something soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.