Mexico mid November (ie here we go again)

8,838 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Potcake
Ag CPA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Delta came onshore near Puerto Morelos (south of the airport) so the hotel zone and Cancun got the "dirty" side of the hurricane, I have not been down south but I would assume it was not as bad down there.

We booked through the airport's website with the "PrivateX" option which turned out to be a private van with plenty of Modelo and water included. The service we got paired with was Cancun Shuttle, cost $24 one-way to the JW but they operate all over Cancun and to the south.

https://www.cancunairport.com/transportation.html
Mustang1
AG
We use U.S.A. Transfers.
JMac03
AG
I use Happy Shuttle for me and most of my clients. My next option is USA Transfers.
62strat
AG
Mustang1 said:

Hyatt Ziva. Can't forget that layout/location.

We did the adult tower there in 2018.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Ag CPA said:

I think Delta came onshore near Puerto Morelos (south of the airport) so the hotel zone and Cancun got the "dirty" side of the hurricane, I have not been down south but I would assume it was not as bad down there.

We booked through the airport's website with the "PrivateX" option which turned out to be a private van with plenty of Modelo and water included. The service we got paired with was Cancun Shuttle, cost $24 one-way to the JW but they operate all over Cancun and to the south.

https://www.cancunairport.com/transportation.html

We stayed at El Dorado Royale Casitas (close to Puerto Morelos).

They lost an open-air restaurant right on the water and it looks like their beach got eroded some as well. Some Bali beds were getting repaired when we were there.

Cancun definitely got hit harder.
TP Ag '87
AG
More recommendation requests:

- Fishing excursion for 2 that are minimally skilled at it, just love doing it and being on the water
- Parasailing...are these as prevalent along the beach by the hotels as they are in Playa del Carmen?
Onceaggie2.0
TP Ag '87 said:

More recommendation requests:

- Fishing excursion for 2 that are minimally skilled at it, just love doing it and being on the water
- Parasailing...are these as prevalent along the beach by the hotels as they are in Playa del Carmen?

It's Mexico you got cash you can do what you want . But yes if winds are not bad they will be selling parasail trips in the beach
Blackstreet
AG
Here now and have done both. Weather has been outstanding. As far as fishing goes, we were killing it but half the people succumbed to the seas (sea sick). It was rough out there today.
TP Ag '87
AG
Any specific charter company refs?
Blackstreet
AG
Charter Fishing Cancun. Fernando arranged it all. We fished on Xaviera. George was captain and Tony and Lorenzo were deck hands. We have fished quite a bit in different countries and these guys were some of the best. Highly recommend.
TP Ag '87
AG
Spot on. That's the guys we were targeting.

Thanks.
TP Ag '87
AG
Re-starting this thread.

Any updates y'all would like to share? I'm heading there NYE. Weather doesn't look great, but always have open bar,...

Any recs for nightlife worth leaving a resort for? Should I stay at resort to watch Ags?
TP Ag '87
AG
ttt
Potcake
AG
We went to Huatulco a couple of weeks ago. Plane was full, granted it was an Embraer, and immigration was farely simple. We filled out health forms on phone. Wife saved a pic of it, I should have too. Mask use was pretty consistent except on beach. Hand sanitizer, temp, and shoe sole wash required to enter restaurants, shops, grocery store.

Most crowded beach we went to

Not so crowded

View from house we rented
TP Ag '87
AG
Very cool.

re the forms,...yeah, we've got both a hard copy and a pic on phones just in case. Wasn't there already a form to fill out upon entry?
Potcake
AG
We did them on phone. They also were handing out forms on plane. I didn't take pic so when I turned cellular off I lost it. I had to turn it back on in line and fill it out again. All they needed was to scan the code.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.