New Orleans

3,458 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by kithas
Sorrell Booke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone been to NOLA recently? I saw that the Gov and Mayor are allowing to-go alcohol, but bars are still shut down (if they don't serve food). Most restaurants are open with more patio dining. I'm headed there tomorrow and curious if anything is out of the COVID ordinary (i.e. masks when inside walking around, no buffets, etc).

TIA
Here4Beer
AG
My buddy and his parents and sister went there a month ago. All 4 got Covid lol. He had no symptoms, the parents felt bad for about a week and the sister had to be monitored in the hospital. All are perfectly fine now.
Blackstreet
AG
https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_1463433a-0f19-11eb-ae24-a373f17136fe.html

EmberAggie
AG
Been here for three weeks. Lots of folks wear masks at all times -- exercising outside and with nobody within 30 feet.

Went to Pat O'brien's. Crowded. Bourbon Street not packed.

Been in numerous restaurants in French Quarter and Garden District/ Uptown, and people are out and about. Feels pretty normal except for outdoor mask use.

Don't see that strong adherence in Dallas, for example.
tmaggies
AG
Couple just beaten and robbed in front of several onlookers that laughed and cheered. Several US cities I wouldn't feel safe in and Nawlins is one of them.
Potcake
AG
Link?
Al Bula
AG
Potcake said:

Link?
https://www.wdsu.com/article/new-orleans-couple-robbed-and-beaten-in-front-of-crowd-in-cbd/34430272#

Dirty savages. Have walked past this spot hundreds of times.
Sorrell Booke
I was there last Friday night, my hotel was three blocks from where that occurred. The wife and I had no issues and never felt threatened in any way. We had a blast in NOLA.

As far as COVID changes, the restaurants currently are forced to shut down at 11:00. You don't have to go home, but no more booze service past 11:00. And they are strict. Normally you can find some people willing to bend the rules a bit, but not here. Also, bars are still shut down for inside traffic, only to go drinks. At restraurants, if you want to drink, you have to order food.
Kellso
Are gentleman's clubs in the French Quarter still open for business?

Is Nawlins a ghost town during these times, or are things back to normal?
cml08
AG
Any jazz bars open?
The Milkman
AG
Was there this past weekend. We spent nearly all our time in the Garden District and went to dinner and a few breweries. Seemed like stronger mask adherence than Houston generally.

We stopped in on Harrah's briefly, but they stop serving booze at 11, so we rolled shortly after that.
thisguy05
AG
Which breweries? Any good?
aggiefan83
AG
Anyone been more recently? We're planning on going in April.
Roger Metzger
AG
Likewise we are planning a trip for mid March. Any news from the ground there is appreciated. Thanks.
Good night, Irene.
kithas
AG
I'm living in New Orleans. We are very Covid compliant and the mayor is trying everything to curb tourism, trying to keep the virus out, but also trying to keep the numbers low to attract tourists. It's an odd thing to figure out.

Right now, no live music and very limited dining capacities in the restaurants. Bars are closed. They announced today that they will be going back to phase 3 very soon, so bars could at least start serving again. We had a phase 3a/b/c approach that slowly expanded bar patron capacities and live music (only instrumental, nothing with vocals or percussion).

Still plenty to do, but not like it used to be. There won't be a festival here until October.
kithas
AG
Today's covid update:

Restaurants up to 50% capacity, bars now outdoors only through Mardi Gras.

It's a good time, weather wise, to visit. But some things may not be fully back just yet. If you do come to visit, which you should do if you feel comfortable doing so, bring a mask and you'll have a good time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.