Where to kill an extra day/night in south Florida?

893 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag_N_Houston
09Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are flying into key west this week for 5 nights. We are going to rent a car and then spend 2 nights in Islamadora. We are finishing up the trip with 2 nights on south beach. However, we need to fill one last day/night in between Islamadora and south beach (Friday night). I left that night open because I was planning on doing a night in downtown Miami. However, after reading about it, my impression is that dtown is not a great tourist spot to kill an evening. Does anyone have a recommendation for something to do/somewhere to stay somewhere between our 2 destinations?
dcAg
Stay an extra night in South Beach or in Key Largo for a night.
murphyag
AG
I'd stay an extra night in Islamorada.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Hawks Caye
HollywoodBQ
AG
That's a tough one. How about heading north a bit to Delray Beach, or maybe even West Palm Beach?

Otherwise, maybe Coral Gables?
BarryProfit
murphyag said:

I'd stay an extra night in Islamorada.

Agree here.
09Ag
AG
Sounds like we will do the extra night in Islamorada. Thanks!
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Downtown is great if you're in Brickell. That's where I used to live and that's where I stay when I go visit.

There isn't really a point in splitting locations in Miami though. Stay in Sobe one more night and drive over to Coconut Grove for dinner/drinks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.