2021 Spring Break with 5 year olds

1,349 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dreyOO
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming all is good with covid situation..... We've got some flight credits we have to use so definitely want to fly somewhere. We're skiing in January so that's out. And don't want to do Colorado or New Mexico since those are in normal rotation. Want plenty of stuff to do (preferably outside) with kids, hiking, water, etc...and good food/drinks. I thought San Diego might be a good option but am concerned about California's lockdown situation. Any other ideas?
Post removed:
by user
Panama Red
AG
Jamaica: hedonism
MAS444
AG
Also in regular rotation.
JMac03
AG
If you have passports Mexico has been pricing much lower than normal spring breaks. Punta Cana too.
HollywoodBQ
AG
The California lockdown situation is screwed.
WDW in Orlando is open but DL in Anaheim is shutdown.
MAS444
AG
Desperately trying to avoid WDW and DL if at all possible. Both just seem nightmarish to me. Maybe it's just because there was no chance in hell anyone was going to take me as a child...

Any other ideas? South Carolina - Charleston/Hilton Head? Arizona?
TXTransplant
I really like Phoenix, and the Grand Canyon is beautiful, but I wouldn't call Phoenix a "kid-friendly" city with kids that young.

What about Chattanooga and the Smoky Mountains (Ruby Falls, Lookout Mountain, Rock City, etc)?
MAS444
AG
Great idea...looking into that. Thanks!
TXTransplant
MAS444 said:

Great idea...looking into that. Thanks!

Maybe even do a side trip to Atlanta to see the aquarium, puppet museum (lots of Jim Henson artifacts), and the zoo (one of only three in the US that still has pandas).
Wicked Good Ag
MAS444 said:

Desperately trying to avoid WDW and DL if at all possible. Both just seem nightmarish to me. Maybe it's just because there was no chance in hell anyone was going to take me as a child...

Any other ideas? South Carolina - Charleston/Hilton Head? Arizona?

Charleston is great but I don't think the things that make Charleston great would be as fun with five years olds just my opinion.

What about New Mexico and Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands etc.??
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Spring Break is the perfect time for Big Bend, before it gets hot. My kids loved that trip. Hiking in the park, floating the Rio Grand, McDonalds Observatory... very memorable trip.
dreyOO
At that age, my kids loved San Diego. Lego Land, Balboa Park, the zoo, Coronado Island, etc
MAS444
AG
Yeah San Diego sounds great...but what's the status of California's accessibility/covid situation?
dreyOO
No clue. I just assume everything will normalize after elections and into next summer
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.