SWA resuming flights from IAH

1,720 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CDub06
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great news for those of us who live closer to IAH than HOU. Excited to what routes they'll offer.

They're also adding service to ORD.
AgCPA95
AG
That is good news for those up north. IIRC the only flights before were into Love Field from IAH 5-6x per day, but maybe they will target some strategic routes that United is gouging some folks on, but likely just back to LUV.
TexAgs1992
Would love for SWA to move into XNA and drive United's prices down to IAH and ORD. Would make sense over the next decade with the growth up in Northwest Arkansas.
dallasag00
AG
A love field to iah route would be great!
TXTransplant
They announced to routes to Miami, Palm Springs, and Montrose (Telluride), too. The Miami and Palm Springs routes start on 11/15 and the Montrose route starts 12/19. I'm curious to see if there are any nonstop flights from HOU on those routes.
Al Bula
AG
Bring back a direct flight to Key West next!!!
TXTransplant
If you read their press release, that's part of the justification for the Miami flights.

Priced out a few options to Miami from HOU. There are some pretty reasonable choices over the holidays.
Austintm
TexAgs1992 said:

Would love for SWA to move into XNA and drive United's prices down to IAH and ORD. Would make sense over the next decade with the growth up in Northwest Arkansas.
That would be great. The flights in/out of there now are ridiculously priced.
Silky Johnston
X1000
12th Man Ag
AG
If every flight goes through DAL, I'll drive to Hobby for the few SW flights I take to get a non-stop.
txags92
AG
TXTransplant said:

They announced to routes to Miami, Palm Springs, and Montrose (Telluride), too. The Miami and Palm Springs routes start on 11/15 and the Montrose route starts 12/19. I'm curious to see if there are any nonstop flights from HOU on those routes.
I did some searches for January and February dates and all of the Montrose routes connected through Denver. Not sure if that is true for all of the Dec-Apr period they are running the flights, but I couldn't find any dates with a non-stop from Houston. I would love for them to continue that service into the summer. I will have Companion Pass next year and would love to be able to hop up to Ouray for a long weekend a few times over the summer without driving in from Abq or Den.
TXTransplant
Yeah, the only nonstop flights from HOU I found were to Miami. Palm Springs is on my list of places to visit, so that was a little disappointing. Maybe when service resumes out of IAH, there will be more options.
CDub06
AG
Southwest out here servicing NPs with their flights to Montrose & Palm Springs, CA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.