Winter vacation spot

1,205 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ag97tx
ag97tx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have the week between Christmas and New Years to take a family trip. Due to covid restrictions or closures I am having a hard time finding a place to go. Not looking to ski or go to a beach and would rather go to a city with enough activities that are open to make it worth going. Kids are 13 and 16.

Any ideas?
OilManAg91
AG
NYC
Sliced Clown Bread
AG
We traditionally go to NYC but not sure if I would go there this year. Someone who lives in NYC would be a better judge.

We went to Chicago one year and enjoyed it.

We love London at Christmas time - feels festive.

We also went to Lyon and Paris between Christmas and New Years both were fun but didn't feel festive. Everything seemed liked it usually does.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
San Diego/LA
JustPanda
AG
Seattle/Victoria
TXTransplant
I'm in the same boat. Booked Dec 28-Jan 2 at the Fairmont Banff Springs, but payment in full is due at the end of this month, and I'm not at all optimistic that the Canadian border will be open. My employer also has not lifted the mandatory 14 day quarantine after international travel. So, I'm expecting to have to cancel.

I looked at alternatives, but it's slim pickings. Florida and Colorado are open, but we just went to CO for Labor Day. Hotel prices in FL are nuts. Also looked at Charleston, SC or Asheville, NC. Plane tickets have increased in price, but either of those might be an option.

I'd love to do the Pacific Coast Highway and Hearst Castle, but pretty much everything in California is still closed. We were supposed to go to Seattle in May, before heading on to Alaska. I'm not sure what's open there (slightly concerned about protests, too). I think Utah is open, but we don't ski, and I'm not sure there's enough to do in the SLC area.
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
NYC local here, city is reopening. However, they are very stringent on contact tracing. Based on acquaintances experiences coming back into the city, you fill out your contact / quarantine info upon arrival and you get a daily text message from a contact tracer to confirm you are complying with your quarantine order.

I don't see TX coming off the list any time soon. (Wife and I will be going back to TX for the holidays but are anticipating a quarantine when we arrive back in the city).
murphyag
AG
If you are wanting to do a city trip- What about doing a Charleston and Savannah trip?
ag97tx
AG
I have started looking at Charleston and Savannah. What are the must see things in those areas?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.