Cancun All Inclusive Sales

2,397 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by brillag
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen a ton of these deals. It seems like the hotels need the money now and allow open dates for travel. Anyone gone on one of these? Round trip airfare from Houston is $200. That's $1000 total for 2 people for 5 nights.

JMac03
AG
Travel agent here. I would be VERY wary of anything like this right now unless you are booking direct with the hotel. I cannot tell you how many online travel agencies have gone bankrupt during this. Basically they couldn't keep up with the cancellations/refunds, thus they just closed up shop. Certain agencies - you pay them, and then they pay the suppliers. Those are the ones who I would be very cautious of because many do not pass along your payment to the suppliers until the deadline, meaning you have paid them, but your trip hasn't been paid for.

If you were booking direct with the hotel I think I would be more likely to buy something like this. One of my favorite chains is selling future travel vouchers. Honestly I haven't told anyone about it because I still am not a fan of it.

My guess their 5 star may not really be a 5 star AND keep in mind many of these require you to sit through long time-share presentations.

I would rather spend a little more money and know what you are getting IMO. There are some GREAT deals out there right now.
AustinCountyAg
Jmac do you have an email I can contact you....

I've been looking at Cancun results for November (long weekend outa houston) and prices have been high IMO. Decent flights and hotel for 3 nights all inclusive are generally around $1700 I've seen. Kinda nuts. I was hoping to find something around 1K.
JMac03
AG
If you click on my profile it is listed there (would rather not post in the forums). I will be happy to do some searches for you.
brillag
AG
My wife and I are going in October through one of these companies. Staying at Villa del Palmar Cancun. We will have to sit through a time share presentation the first morning and there were a slew of qualifying factors that if not met they'll charge you full price when you get there, i.e. age between 30-45, make a certain amount per year, have multiple forms of ID, have to be married, addresses on IDs have to match spouse, not traveling with a group, etc.

I'll let you know how it goes.
wcb
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I've been looking at Cancun results for November (long weekend outa houston) and prices have been high IMO.
Been looking at a trip just before Thanksgiving. Initial prices I'm seeing are sky high.
EliteElectric
We went for a week in August and everything was open and the people were very friendly and well motivated. We had a blast!

Here is my thread

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/3131033/
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

We went for a week in August and everything was open and the people were very friendly and well motivated. We had a blast!

Here is my thread

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/3131033/
Did you book through one of these super sales as stated in the OP?
EliteElectric
Expedia.
7 days
3 people
$2,400.00 including airfare and it was all inclusive so VERY reasonable trip
culdeus
AG
Did some shopping around and the prices are as high as I've ever seen them. Must be tremendous demand at this point?
PlanoAg98
AG
On Expedia, I found several 7 night all inclusive packages including air for $1000 or less.
Bulldog73
AG
I'm here for this trip report. We have the offer, but want to make sure it's a decent place first.
brillag
AG
Well we're back and had a fantastic time. Absolutely no complaints. We had never been to Mexico so we don't have anything to compare to but it was awesome. Everything was as they said it was. Travel to/from the airport was spot on. Basically everyone that was from Mexico wore a mask at all times. Hand sanitizer anytime you went into a restaurant. The food was great. We had some meals that were probably just "ok" but based on tequila consumption they hit the spot. Wife had an appetizer at the Italian restaurant and claims it was the best bite of steak she's ever had. Japanese place was my favorite hands down. Timeshare presentation went a bit longer for us because we were actually curious what they had to offer but most folks were done in 1.5-2hrs. We also hit it off with the host and just shot the sh\t quite a bit.

The only negative I could see is there isn't really a true beach experience. They have a beach "area", but it's not the expansive stretch of sand leading into the crystal clear water like you might get at other resorts. Still plenty of seating and day beds and things like that though.

Zero damage to the resort from the hurricane. The ride in from the airport we could see quite a bit of wind damage in the form of trees and poles being down. Didn't see anything too dramatic though.

All in all a great experience and I would and probably will do it again. We went through BookVIP and stayed at Villa Del Palmar Oct 12-17.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.