Boston Travel Order

1,136 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bluecat_Aggie94
texaswhiskeyco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

Wife and I are attending a wedding in November in Boston. With the whole COVID climate, I understand how quickly municipalities and governments are changing their restrictions, rules, travel bans, etc. but with this new travel order stating you need a test or you need to quarantine for 14 days, my question is how are they enforcing this. Before you leave the airplane/airport, are the checking you, how is this being policed. We are going to follow whatever rules they state but I am just curious. Has anyone traveled to NYC, or Boston within the past couple weeks. How is it different/is it different?

Thanks
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Been having this conversation as my daughter wants to go to Massachusetts to visit boyfriend. We (and his parents) have nixed it due to this, but we wondered how they would enforce.

I suppose you would be subject to show your test or document your travel if you happened to be questioned by authorities.

I'd get a rapid test before going and just carry the result with you.
The Lost
I'd take this to that couple. As someone who is getting married next month, they should know or be able to find out ASAP as I'm sure it's not just an issue for you.

If they can't tell you anything in a reasonable time, I would skip it as I think it'd prove they haven't thought about guest safety.
Matsui
AG
No one will know if you are there or not. FYI.
Matsui
AG
What authority will check on you? Seriously. And how will they get the info that you haven't or have quarantined?
Matsui
AG
I can verify no one is checking anything at airports in those areas.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
No idea. I was just pondering. I suppose if the cops had any reason and saw your out of state drivers license, they could ask for your travel documents (plane ticket, etc) but if you are prepared, you could just say you drove and have been there a month. I agree its pretty much unenforceable.
texaswhiskeyco
AG
Thanks Ags! We are planning to get the test done and just have the info at hand if asked for it. Knowing my luck I would be that one guy that is spot checked, as this always happens to me whenever we fly, I am always the person that gets a second look, not sure why. Better safe than sorry
BQ78
AG
Early on when Texas was monitoring people coming in they were following up with people by phone to make sure they were quarantining. I suppose you could lie to them and tell them you are when you aren't.

NYC just instituted checkpoints at bridge, tunnel, airports and train stations yesterday to monitor who is coming in and they say they intend to make sure people are quarantining.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
BQ78 said:

Early on when Texas was monitoring people coming in they were following up with people by phone to make sure they were quarantining. I suppose you could lie to them and tell them you are when you aren't.

NYC just instituted checkpoints at bridge, tunnel, airports and train stations yesterday to monitor who is coming in and they say they intend to make sure people are quarantining.
Man, it just hit me. I you read that from the mindset of a year ago, I'd not have believed this was real.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.