Fun Stuff to currently do in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN area?

973 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dead zip 01
Gomer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We (wife and my high school age kids) are going on vacation next week in Gatlinburg, TN next week and staying in a cabin and I wondered if anyone had suggestions of fun things to do or particular restaurants In Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge to check out? Mostly we will be doing outdoor stuff like hiking a lot and are river rafting one day and I want to take my kids to play Hillbilly Golf lol because I played it as a kid but wondered what all else there was in the towns because it's been over 30 years since I was there. And I'm assuming all the businesses are open? Thanks for any info!
Bachelor99
AG
i hear the new skybridge is cool...if you are into that sort of thing
nonameag99
Dollywood is awesome
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
01CivilAg
AG
It's been about 15 years since my trip, but the highlight for me was Cade's Cove.
kwammer
Ziplines at Climbworks and/or Foxfire Mountain. Both are fantastic. Prefer the views at Climbworks.

Apache
AG
Just got back from the area, mostly avoided Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge.*
We did go to the Ripley's Aquarium & I thought it was really good. It's a level below the Georgia Aquarium & Monterrey Bay, but very well worth your time.

We went on the ziplines with Climbworks & it was AMAZING. Two hours to do this & a great value at only $100/person. We went at sunset & could not have asked for better scenery.

I also recommend going white water rafting on the Pigeon River. Nothing too crazy, mostly class 3 rapids.

For hikes we did Midnight Hole, Clingman's Dome.
Aggie71013
AG
Two story KFC.
dead zip 01
AG
If you want to escape the tourist trap areas go swimming at The Sinks or tube the river in Townsend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.