Huge Great Wolf Lodge Sale (must be booked 8/4)

1,951 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agdaddy04
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The cheapest I have ever seen rooms is $249/night and usually it's $299/up.

Right now they have select dates for $84/night plus resort fee. This includes 2
Adults/2 kids (maybe more but I didn't try). For 2 nights with cancel up to 2 days prior insurance it came out to $277. I normally pay well over that for 1 night.

It must be booked today. Only Mon-Thurs. I got it for Grapevine but looked and other cities appear to have it, some with other dates.

Dallas, Atlanta Scottsdale, Grand Mound WA, Williamsburg, Chicago, Kansas City, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Sandusky, Traverse City, Wisconsin Dels, Boston all look to have it.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Watch out you may be fighting for chair space with teachers having their zoom classes while adult beveraging in their Yeti.
drumboy
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Watch out you may be fighting for chair space with teachers having their zoom classes while adult beveraging in their Yeti.
Bonus for the single dads on here.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
drumboy said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Bonus for the single dads on here.

It was a covert public service announcement......
lazuras_dc
AG
We were supposed to take the kids there after a couple nights at Gaylord over Xmas. Daughter got a stomach bug so we drove home early and rescheduled GWL to March ... then Covid. This is a heck of a deal but doubt my wife deems it safe enough.
ol'Porkbelly
AG
To each their own but GWL + COVID seems like a pretty risky plan. The one time we went several of the pools were routinely closed for "code brown".
agdaddy04
AG
Not Colorado Springs? We're going Sunday for one night. Had it booked on the $249 sale in April and then had to move to August when they were shut down.
JMac03
AG
Colorado Springs didn't appear to have the sale. It looked like about 2/3 of them did. It probably wouldn't have worked for this or next week anyways - it seems to be based off when school goes back for each area.
agdaddy04
AG
Just an FYI - we got back today from staying the night at Great Wolf Lodge in Col Springs. Not sure how the others are operating but they're only able to have 65 of their 315 rooms booked. It made it nice once you got in the park but something they didn't tell us ahead of time was how limited they were on allowing people in the water park. We had to wait an hour to get in yesterday and close to two hours this morning.
JMac03
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Just an FYI - we got back today from staying the night at Great Wolf Lodge in Col Springs. Not sure how the others are operating but they're only able to have 65 of their 315 rooms booked. It made it nice once you got in the park but something they didn't tell us ahead of time was how limited they were on allowing people in the water park. We had to wait an hour to get in yesterday and close to two hours this morning.
Thanks for the info. I hadn't read that but it makes sense. I am thinking the one in Grapevine has a lot more rooms than that but I could be wrong. I read their COVID stuff and didn't see anything that discussed this, but it doesn't surprise me. I'll follow up closer to travel.
agdaddy04
AG
Correct, we weren't aware either. One nice thing was that we had done the basic pass, so they gave us quite a few free things and then gave us a pup pass for each of our girls. That definitely helped, but I did hear a few angry families around that had already paid for the top pass level.
JMac03
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Correct, we weren't aware either. One nice thing was that we had done the basic pass, so they gave us quite a few free things and then gave us a pup pass for each of our girls. That definitely helped, but I did hear a few angry families around that had already paid for the top pass level.
Did they limit the pass? Or they were just upset some were getting for free? I purchase the highest one. I didn't pre-purchase it this time yet since it may get canceled.
agdaddy04
AG
I don't think they knew some got it free. Just some activities they were planning on doing were either cancelled or closed earlier than advertised. Some of the stores inside were closed, one of the restaurants was drinks only... things like that. Plus the fact that you had to wait to get into the water park.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.